hello iam new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindy Wood

Hello I am Cindy, I am 51 and was officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2017 even though I suffered with it for many years prior but was unaware of what it was at first I thought the pain I was having was from the cancer diagnosis I received a few weeks after my diagnosis. Since that time I have had cancer twice (hodgkins lymphoma) the second time they did a stemcell transplant and I have been cancer free for two years now, but everything I went through treatment wise made my fibromyalgia worse and I have some pretty agonizing days. I have been surviving on Excedrin and gabapentin or at least trying to, until recently my doctor placed me on lyrica, Ive only been on it for a couple of days and I have gotten some relief from my symptoms, I just hope it continues to help because my body seems to adjust to the meds Im on and then its back total hell. Does anybody have some helpful tips or know more about lyrica? If so please help.

Hello cindy, welcome to the forum ☕🍪 i love hearing stories of anyone that’s fought the battle of the big C and won it’s amazing how far medical research has come regarding cancer treatments and hope it continues and keeps evolving, I’m also taking gabbapentin 1,200 mgs a day it has side effects for me as in it makes me sleep for hours + hours, I was given lyricaa while a go did not agree with me ( the side effects were something else) I have days where I feel like the fibro is fading then it comes back full force , we’ve actually had a new forum member join recently @droffibro he may be able to give you some advice regarding medication, because I have a lot of food intolerances, problems with gluten and pain after having sugar I’ve found wiping these out has helped, so a food diary might help, limiting stress for sure, I also drink green tea which helps with my neuropathy, but I think different things for different people, I know sleep is a huge factor ( if broken or a I’ve poor night pain its so much worse next day) but if not already maybe speak to your gp about your pain medication as I’m not medically qualified I’d be afraid to give that advice but as I was awake at silly o clock this morning I thought I’d say hello 💖

Welcome Cindy! Happy to hear you are winning on at least one front :) I, sadly, have no help to offer with meds, as I generally cannot take them. I do think you will find some good people around here to compare notes with. Good luck to ya!

Hi levinmoritz 545 welcome to the forum ☕️we’re happy you’re part of it too, also sad though cos it means you’ve got either fibro/ fibro symptoms or cfs and calling it a nightmare is a bit of an understatement, but welcome anyway 😊

Thank you everyone for your love and support it means the world to me truly to have people who understand what i live with on a daily basis sending much love to everybody:love:🥰😗

Thank you everyone for your love and support it means the world to me truly to have people who understand what i live with on a daily basis sending much love to everybody:love:🥰😗
We do understand. That's the good thing about a forum like this - you can come here and know that no one will tell you just to cowboy up or that you are exaggerating or it is all in your head. And sometimes we can help each other by telling what works for us and may work for others. Gals you found us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back