DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2017
Country
NL
State
Zuid-Holland
Hello everyone!

My name is Suzanne,I'm from The Netherlands,and I'm currently 22 years old and got diagnosed with fibromyalgia at the start of this year. I sometimes have a hard time dealing with how it has affected my life. This is partially why I joined this forum, to be able to talk to those who suffer from the same thing.

Hi DiamondDog,

Welcome to the forum,I'm sorry that you were diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.Mine may have started in my 20's.But back then they never could figure out what was going on with me.I would have ankle pain and neck pain and periods of fatigue,but never diagnosed.It was mild but painful at times.From there I was able to go to college and have a family and have a great life.

So please don't think just because you have Fibromyalgia at a younger age that you won't be able to have a good life, because I did.Your body is younger and can heal faster and bounce back faster.I don't know what level of Fibromyalgia that u have right now.There can be mild,moderate and severe.And some people seem to bounce back in between the levels.

I hope you can get some education and learn things that can help u along the way.

Sagey

I'm one of those cases that bounce between severe and moderate. I used to do intense workouts, and I just can't do that anymore. I still need to learn what I can do and what works for me. I guess you could say that I'm still getting used to it.

I have a 10 hour job right now and am working on finishing my Law degree, and like to indulge in hobbies every once in a while. Sometimes it's just a bit too much. I also have a history of mental illness and have trouble accepting my situation.

I'm keen to learn what works for people and what I can try for myself :)

Hi DiamondDog,

That's great that your getting your degree!The 10 hour day,not so much.If there's any way u can cut that down a little that could help.
Taking breaks to relax and take deep breaths to reduce stress at work helps too.Its hard when it's severe.I do go between moderate and severe too so I understand.

Please take it slow.Excercise can be good,but done at the right pace.Overexerting yourself is bad for the Fibro and can make symptoms worse.

Eating healthy and staying away from non processed foods is good.Staying away from foods that you are sensitive to,also helps your body.I always say the same thing but pacing your physical and mental stress is very important.

Maybe after you get your degree u can find a job that is not so intense and something then can work with the Fibromyalgia.
One day at a time.

Wish u luck,

Sagey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back