Hello I'm New

Status
Not open for further replies.

PainNoMore

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2023
I was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia today and while it may sound strange, I am happy to have the diagnosis.

I have lived for a number years with pain and I had no idea why. I used to pride myself on having a high pain tolerance. Now the doctor takes my blood pressure and I am writhing and trying to turn myself into a pretzel. Same thing with tourniquets for drawing blood.

Now that we have a name, we are starting a treatment plan. The name does not change what I have had for years, but it gives hope that I will not have to continue to suffer all of the symptoms, or can at least understand them when I get them.

I was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia today and while it may sound strange, I am happy to have the diagnosis.

I have lived for a number years with pain and I had no idea why. I used to pride myself on having a high pain tolerance. Now the doctor takes my blood pressure and I am writhing and trying to turn myself into a pretzel. Same thing with tourniquets for drawing blood.

Now that we have a name, we are starting a treatment plan. The name does not change what I have had for years, but it gives hope that I will not have to continue to suffer all of the symptoms, or can at least understand them when I get them.
Greetings and welcome to the forum. It's not strange to feel relief in getting a diagnosis. The diagnosis doesn't necessarily help medically because there's no cure and no treatment that works for everyone, but it helps the individual at least know what is going on to some degree.

Do you want to tell us what treatment plan you have at this point? We like to tell each other what we are doing, what works and what doesn't for each of us ad it is always more information for us to have, even though individual success with any one way of managing fibro will vary.

You can certainly have hope that your symptoms can be managed and lessened. For most people that is a process of experimentation to find out what combination of things, medicinal and non-medicinal, will work best for you.

I suggest you check out this post below, and think about trying out some or all of the ideas there before y ou start taking any strong pain medication every day. You may find that by making adjustment to how you are managing fibro you can do well with less medication or even with almost none.

We're here to support you.

Reactions: MNP
For me, the diagnosis meant that I would have fewer doctors treating me like it was all in my head, or a result of stress. Treating me with true kindness & compassion. I suffered for better than 10 years before I got a dx. I actually cried when told the dx. The relief was overwhelming!
@sunkacola is right - every person reacts to some treatments better than others. For me - I concentrate on getting better / more sleep. The body does it’s healing when you sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back