Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
Tyne & Wear
Hi I was diagnosed some time ago and usually know what to expect from day to day. I'm learning my restrictions & knowing when to stop & rest but it is so frustrating as I'm normally an active person. So many people suffer with this, I have friends that suffer with FM & the first thing they say "how do you cope with the pain" well, I don't really know what to say to them, I get pain in my right hip & some time it goes into my thigh but that is the only real pain I get. I have all the other syptoms, tingling in feet & legs most of the time, stiffness & weakness in the morning, fatigue to the point that I can't move it's like my head has deserted my body to function by it's self, forgetfulness, feeling hot most of the time & when I'm cold I really feel it. Maybe there are different levels of FM, but I certainly feel like one of the lucky ones, if there's such a thing.

I am fortunate that I have no small children, just big ones that help me when I'm bad, this then makes me feel totally helpless & I hate it, for me that's the worst, not being able to care for them as a parent should do, no matter how old they are.

Well that's me done for now I have some questions but they can wait for another time.

ragpuss. welcome to the forum. read thru the threads and learn. pass on what you know. bring your friends here as well. there is lots to learn on here.

ask your questions. we can help or at least get them off your chest so to speak. FM is pain/tingling all over the body. hits us all differently.

there are things you can do that will help you on here. your fatigue is at the point that your body is shutting itself down. kinda like if your not going to sleep, then im make you sleep. believe me ive been there. passing out is not fun! set a sleep schedule. it takes 4 hours in a row before you body starts the healing sleep. the other 4 hours is when you body is healing. get the sleep and it will slow down and you will stop feeling that brain left the body thing.

join in on the posts, it helps us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back