Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PH
State
Metro Manila
I was diagnosed of fms late last year. I feel a lot better now than before in terms of pain. But i think I've become more and more anxious and irritable. I am blaming my meds. ��

Have any of you become more irritable after taking Lyrica? I am 8.5/10 super irrirable for the past few months. I've also had at least 2 episodes of panic attacks.

For the past month, my vision has been "shaking" really bad. I observed it and found that sometimes it's bouncing up and down, sometimes wiggling from left to right. It makes reading and looking at people sideways during a conversation. I've had these symptoms several months back, which the doctor dismissed as also because of muscle stiffness, the eye muscles, that is. But this time, I told my doctor it's been really frequent and disturbing. He had me take the Visual Evoked Potential (VEP) test. No results yet. Has anyone here experienced the same visual anomaly I've described? VEP test?

I am glad to have found this forum. Thank you for those who will respond. I hope to share my other experiences in other threads as well soon, and help others where I can.

Hi,
I know that Cymbalta and Lyrica are the main drugs prescribed for fibromyalgia. I have been told by doctors that Lyrica has the more extreme side effects. If you are having eye symptoms, you definitely should keep up with your doc's advice and I might even think about switching meds. For me, it's hard because i HATE side effects and I can't take Cymbalta or Lyrica :( I'm looking into other drugs for fibro, like naltrexone and NMDA inhibitors. These drugs work to calm down the brain's interpretation of painful stiumuli, and there are usually less side effects than with others. I also just signed up recently to this forum, mainly because I don't think anyone in my day-to-day life understands at all and I want to talk to people who get it. I hope you continue feeling better!

Hello, welcome

I am glad you got your doctor to listen to you and test your eyes. I hope you get good news on the test results

I don't take Lyrica, but I've had other medications affect my state of mind, making me anxious. Fortunately I didn't take them for long because I really hate anxiety that I can't do something to fix.

Hopefully you can find some relief soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back