deniseehorn

Diagnosis
02/2000
Country
US
State
Il
Hello All!

My name is Denise. I am a wife and a stay-at-home Mom to two very energetic boys! :)

I was diagnosed with Fibro at about age 25 (13 yrs ago). I had constant joint pain and severe fatigue and sleeplessness. I was diagnosed by a Rheumatologist and basically told to take pain meds and exercise through the pain. Needless to say that didn't work! I can't handle the pain meds, they make me a zombie! I got by with Advil and other pain management (hot showers, ice ect)
During my pregnancies my Fibro wasn't so bad as far as pain, tho the fatigue got worse. The lack of sleep didn't help after the boys were born.
The last few years I've just been dealing with the symptoms. I wanted to see a Naturopath but then when I got to the appointment they told me they don't take insuance (would have been nice to know ahead of time!) and I couldn't afford it.
I also suffer from a hormone disorder called PCOS, this has caused me to gain weight and makes it very difficult to lose weight. So the fibro plus that are not a good combo.
I recently decided to try and see if an extreme change in diet will help, much research points to the direction of a plant strong diet. I've been vegan for about 3 weeks. I haven't seen to much change yet but I'm going to keep going!

Since having my kids I've been blessed to be home with them but I worry about the day they are both in full time school and I need to start working again. I don't know what I'll be able to do. I can't make it thru an afternoon with out a nap!

I hope to talk with some of you and get some ideas/info... I've never talked to anyone else with Fibro so it would be nice to connect with people who really know how I feel!

Thanks for reading!
-Denise:lol:

Hi Denise! I'm new here too.. really new to FMS, just diagnosed last week. I hope you'll post again to let us know how the diet is going, and if it's helping. I hope so.

Hi Denise, Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear of all the pain and other health problems you face on top of having Fibromyalgia. I have had it for over 15 years and it has been a long haul. I am unable to take the medications as because I am allergic to most of them. So my pain pill is Excedrin Migraaine for everything. I have found some of the aspirin creames help my knee pain in colder weather. If you check around the forum you will find several questions about dealing with pain and weakness. I am looking forward to reading your posts and helping to answer any questions you might have. I am sure you have a few tips of your own to share with the rest of us on managing the symptoms and coping with the depression that comes with all of it. Glad you found us, and hope you stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back