DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
US
State
Iowa
Hello,
my name is patti. I'm 48, employed full time and was finally diagnosed with fibromialga last week. I have been living with it for about 4 years.
My life consists of work, overtime, my mother depends on my help with her daily living, and sleep sweet sweet sleep.
My life has been ruled by my pain. I stopped making plans to get out of the house because half the time I would have to call it off. I work a lot only because I need the money. I'm sick of all the pain and the anxiety that goes with it.
Peace
patti

venting helps! ask questions so we can give you answers.
your looking for support and you have come to the right place.

How can i help you?

venting helps! ask questions so we can give you answers.
your looking for support and you have come to the right place.

How can i help you?
Cmetrymy,
Thank you for the welcome. Venting does help. People have called me a hypochondriac for years and even I thought I was. My primary health provider is awesome. He has me going to a rheumatologist, shrink, endocrinologist and next is a hemotologist. I have been pouring over all the info I can find. The outlook is grim but I am doing everything the rheumatologist told me to do. Lose weight, water exercise and do a sleep study. I was negative about the sleep study but I will do it. I am learning how.to meditate to clear the fog.

I'm angry, depressed and ready to feel better. The Dr has me on 100mg tramadol once daily, Tylenol 3 for really bad days, 150 mg of elavil a day, levothyroxine and a blood pressure drug. My pain is not managed by this.but I am afraid of being labeled as a drug seeker which IS what I am but only for better home and work life. I'm so tired but only sleep well after the elavil. I'm exhausted and need a break from work but it is rare to find people to work my shifts. I have 3 weeks vacation and can't use them.

Whew, how's that for venting?!

Have a great day,
Peace
Patti

Welcome to the clan,
We're a sickly lot but we have bigs hearts and lots of time for anyone who needs us.

stands and applauded the venting!

great job.

the drug seeker part i can help you with.

See my post in general discussions called "starting a daily log book and why it helps.
this post also explains about doctors and prescribing meds.

you have some good pain meds for exterior pain. unfortunately you have interior pain. the tremadol is OK.
didnt get me to the pain level of 2 that the doctor and i agreed on.

that is the key to getting your drus, agree on a level of pain that is acceptable. have your doctor agree and no more worries about asking for drugs.

Thank you forgetmenot and cmetryme for the support and I will check out your post asap. Seems as though I found the perfect "sickly lot" lol.

hummmm now im a crazy sickly poster..;o

feels good to help folks. senor member or not...

thanks to this forum for helping us all. i hope 1sweed will pass that on to the owners and thank them for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back