DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2012
Country
US
State
Maryland
Hello,
My name is Brian. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in march 2012. I am currently 23 years old. Fibromyalgia has caused me lose just about everything. I lost my job, my girlfriend, basically my life. Some days are okay and others are pure hell. You all know those days when it feels like you walked through the gates of hell and strolled around. Today is one of those days for me. Besides the pain the depression that accompanies this illness is pretty bad for me of late. The loneliness, the lack of self worth, emptiness. No one in my family except for my mom and my aunt know what I go through in a day. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "oh my knees hurt every day, and I still have a job". It makes you feel useless. Also at 23 years old I am facing the loneliness of not having a girlfriend. Cause let's face it, how many women would date a guy who is broken. Im just really lost right now any could use some help. Thanks for listening
Brian

You're not alone, trust me. I'm 25 and feel the same way- what man is going to want a broken female? I lost my boyfriend due to my pain issues as well. He said he'd be there for me and take care of me no matter what, and he got sick of me being sick and that was that.... 3 years down the drain.... Funny thing was- his mom and sister had fibro, granted I have a lot more health issue than just fibro, but you'd think there would be some level of understanding and such there... Nope! Lol
My family and friends want me to start dating again, but I don't really see the point because I can't function normally and I can't imagine a guy wanting to deal with all this baggage... I feel like I need to fix myself before someone will want me...
You're not alone tho, I promise, you have friends here now! This is a great community here and an awesome place to vent, learn, and ask questions. Don't be a stranger!
And I'm sorry you're here but very glad you found us!

Hey man, I'm 25 and feel the same way you do. I have been very depressed and not able to work, lost my girlfriend too. It's a bummer and it sucks bad. Then all the doctors visits and tests and pills and therapy. It's never ending it seems like. I guess the only thing that really keeps me going is knowing that there are others that have it worse than me or you. It can always be worse. Let's not forget about all the people who don't believe you or don't support you. It's very stressful and I'm sorry you have to deal with this. PM me if you ever need to talk. I can't sugar coat anything but I can tell you what Ive been through. Just hang in there man. Hope things get better for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back