Not open for further replies.

GeminiSoul1964

Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
Fairly new diagnosis of F/M and CPS. I also have Polymyalgia Arthritica which makes my life that much more difficult. It seems like each new day brings about some new challenge that can easily be diagnosed as a new autoimmune disease. Having problems with a parotid gland blockage - it comes and goes. When the gland is blocked, I have moments were the gland will suddenly release a horrible, salty liquid that just about makes me throw up. I seem to always have a salty taste in my mouth, so I am concerned that I may also have Sjogren's Disease. We are looking at a differential diagnosis right now, but nothing has been confirmed.
Just started taking Pregabalin(450 mg) which replaces Gabepentin(3000 mg) along with Prednisone(20 mg). The prednisone is all that keeps the polymyalgia in check, but the side effects are horrible. I have gained almost 60 pounds, which makes me very uncomfortable, not to mention, is that much harder on my muscles and joints.
I also have a disc compression at the L5-S1 with nerve root involvement that affects my entire left side all the way down to my foot. I am not a candidate for decompression surgery, so this has become my life:-x
I refuse to let any of this run my life, although, I have had to change my lifestyle to fit all of my restrictions, but life remains beautiful for me and I find a reason to laugh every single day......usually laughing at myself;-).
I am looking forward to sharing with other members of this group. I just wanted to say Hello and give everyone a snapshot of my life.

Gosh, you are amazingly strong and with great courage to face all the illnesses you speak of, and you are a very welcome addition to the forum. This forum trys to provide good support and answers to questions that lay heavy on everyones mind that suffer with fibro and other conditions. We have several different topic headings and many areas to give and take advice. And then there are the fun topic's where you can relax and talk about your day or your hobbies, or what ever you please.

I hope to see your name around the forum and I will try and add a answer to anything you post if I know a good answer for it. lol Brain fog hits us all so give me time. Hope you had a wonderful day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back