Not open for further replies.

Anne A

Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
Wales
I thought I'd just say hello, as I'm new to these forums. I can't remember, exactly, when I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I know I had it for years beforehand. I didn't know what the heck was the matter with me, and as I looked ok, neither did any doctor I saw. After years of blood tests and x-rays, all declaring me normal, I eventually saw someone who told me what my problem was. So now I don't feel so bad when I can't be bothered to get dressed, or
I leave the cleaning to another day.

One good thing that has happened recently.... I was given pain killers at one point in time and
they had a terrible effect on my stomach... to the point where I was struggling to find stuff to eat that didn't double me up in pain. Well, after many years of being careful, I have started to introduce various foods back into my diet. First I tried tomatoes..... no problem. Yippeeee.
Then I tried sauces with garlic in.... no problem. Yippeeee. Tonight I've tried boiled eggs, and so far so good.

Anyway... enough rambling for one day. :grin:
Hope everyone is having a good day.

AnnaA,
Hello there and welcome. It is aways nice to meet someone who has learned some coping skills and can maybe share something new with all of us. I know we go from day to day, managing these symptoms without really thinking about it. Some things work and we feel relief and other things well, not so good, but we keep plugging along hoping someday a cure will happen. Then it will be party-time!

Until then we just get through each day and hope the next one is better than the day before. Often times the medications we take have very bad side affects. When they happen we are worried about how to manage without them and sometimes we continue taking them long after we know we should have stopped. I hope your stomach problem is better and that you can eat the things you love.

Anyways, please post around the forum and feel free to ask any questions you might have and we will try to help you. See you around! :)

Hi 1sweed... thanks for the welcome. It is much appreciated. x :)

Hi Anne A, have you found that some GP's don't know anything about fibro ? I had an emergancy appt with a different doctor as mine was away, he said " never heard of fibro" Just gave me tramadol and said see your own GP !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back