burrenbell

Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
US
State
MD
Hi,

I was hit with FM in March, 2012 and have been on a mission to understand it and learn to deal with it ever since. My husband left, I lost my job, and may soon lose the little income I have. With these obsticles, I am determined to stay positive and find a way to live as close to a normal life as possible with this disease. I look forward to reading your stories. I hope I can be of support to some of you since I know what it is like for no one to understand what life with this is like. I also hope to learn from your ideas and suggestions how we can beat this. In the meantime, I plan to live as happily as I can with the unreliable nature of the fatigue and pain. I hope on the days I am not so upbeat your words will be part of what helps remind me of how beautiful the world is and that better days will come.

I am new to this disease but have spent literally hundreds of hours researching and am finding things that help me. I look forward to whatever this shall bring!

All my best with peace, love and good health,

Stephanie

Stephanie,
first off welcome to the forum. I am sorry so much as gone wrong in your life since you have been diagnosised with fibro. It is hard enough managing the symptoms of fibro without the loss of a husband and your job.

I think you will find us to be a supportive group and we are willing to listen and offer coping skills that might help you to feel better and have some hope toward the future. What kind of work did you do?

Please start by reading through the back posts and the new ones that might offer hints toward helping you cope, and also jump right in and post anywhere you like on the forum. I look forward to reading your posts and opinions on the different topics on the forum. :)

Stephanie,
I'm also a newbie here and wanted to say Hi and thank you for sharing your positive attitude with me! It's sometimes hard to find other patients who are positive throughout the rough times and I'm happy that you're one of them! :)

Stephanie,
first off welcome to the forum. I am sorry so much as gone wrong in your life since you have been diagnosised with fibro. It is hard enough managing the symptoms of fibro without the loss of a husband and your job.

I think you will find us to be a supportive group and we are willing to listen and offer coping skills that might help you to feel better and have some hope toward the future. What kind of work did you do?

Please start by reading through the back posts and the new ones that might offer hints toward helping you cope, and also jump right in and post anywhere you like on the forum. I look forward to reading your posts and opinions on the different topics on the forum. :)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I have realized that so many people in the world have a life worse than mine so I try not to have my "pity parties" too often. I have met unbelievably amazing people after my diagnosis so good things have come to my life too. Thank you for the suggestion of looking at the back posts. I look forward to being a part of this group.:)

Hi Sarafibro,

Welcome to you as well! Trust me... there are days that I wallow in the frustration and sadness I have about my having FM but most days I try to stay upbeat and positive. I have made it my mission in life to bring happiness to as many people's lives as I can since it helped me so much for people to bring happiness to me. I hope you find support and comfort in this group. I believe someday there will be better treatment or maybe even a cure for FM. Until then, I am just enjoying life. Namaste!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back