Not open for further replies.

Revy

Diagnosis
11/2013
Country
US
State
IL
I just wanted to post a quick hello before I start reading through posts. I am a wife and mother to one little one, though we are hoping in a year or two to add one one to make our family complete. My little family is very much a geeky gaming family, even down to our two year old.

I just received the official diagnosis of fibromyalgia today; I am suppose to be headed back into my doctors to figure out our next steps later this week. Even though I *knew* what was wrong with me, finding out officially is still overwhelming. I'm hoping to find a nice little support group online since there not a group any where close to my community.

Revy,
Welcome to the forum. I am glad you got your diagnosis, now comes the hard part in managing the symptoms of fibro. I hope you will stay with us and take time to read the posts on the forum that deal with the symptoms giving you the most grief first and then go on to read others. Pain management is the biggest problem, then comes the weakness and fatigue, and of course brain fog.

Be sure to take time and read some of the older posts, as well as, the new ones. The members have given many good coping skills that work to reduce pain, as well as, deal with other issues. Ask any questions that come to mind and post relies in any topic section. I look forward to reading your posts and sharing with you on the forum. :)

Thank you, I look forward to getting to know the other regular members and learning all I can. I have been reading through threads and making notes. I figure many of my newbie questions have been asked a thousand times over so I'm mainly just looking over old posts and trying to process it all; pain and fatigued are two of my three biggest concerns so I am sure I'll be posting a lot over the next couple of months.

Hi Revy and welcome to the forum.

It is very overwhelming when you receive a chronic illness diagnosis. I agree with 1sweed, now comes the hard part of managing your symptoms. Educate yourself as much as possible and be mindful of "advice" you will get from those who have no idea what they are talking about.

I also have debilitating fatigue. I have learned to live by "The Spoon Theory". Google it. It basically means every activity we do such as a shower or cleaning the kitchen require use of a spoon. You only have so many spoons each day to spend. It is up to you how to budget them. Some days it seems I have more spoons than others. Other days I may not even have enough to get out of the bed. It is also a way to explain your fatigue to your husband and children.

I think you will find to, it is comforting to know the ones who know how you feel are only a few clicks away.

Wishing you the best!

I have tried to carefully sort through all the information online; some of it is just crazy talk but I have found tons of good information. I found the spoon theory today and found it intriguing I plan to show my husband after his finals are done for school; he is even more overwhelmed than I am and I think he needs some time to process before I throw more info his way.

I am glad I found this site, many forums were pretty much all dead and this one seems to be the most active. I've naturally been doing things to manage the pain and fatigued but this site I think will help me form a more solid foundation to work from; I have already found a ton of useful advice so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back