Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CRO
State
Croatia
Hey guys nice to meet you, I am a physician who stubmled upon this forum and thought it might be interesting or helpful if I registered.

Nice to meet you all :)

DomDom,
Although, T welcomed you in on another posts, I wanted to let you know that just the sharing of knowledge about diseases and about fibro, will be of great help to many readers. I know during the years I was searching for my own diagnosis it would have been great to be able to ask a nice doctor to explain some of my symptoms or even what might be causing them.

Most of the time my simple questions fell on deaf ears or I was rudely told my questions were dumb. So while you might not have all the answers, just by sharing your thoughts some members will surely be comforted by your replies. I am very happy you joined this forum.

By the way where is Croatia? :)

Hey domdom,
It nice of you to share your time. Do you see a lot of fibromialgia patients in your practice? I'm curious, is this disease is as prevalent in Europe as it is in North America. I wonder if it's our lifestyle that brings on this disease. Do you have a specific interest in this area? Sorry if I sound nosey.

Im a young physician fresh out university :)

Croatia is a southern European country.

Here is some shameless patriotic self promotion :D

Regarding your questions to prevalency of the disease I really cant say with accuracy. Fibromyalgia is a condition that is VERY HARD to diagnose. Symptoms of fibromyalgia overlap with other conditions so you automatically think of other things. To add to that there is no specific way to accurately diagnose it (blood tests etc.) And to add to that there are alot hypochondriacs (hope I spelled it right) who think that they have some condition. So dont be angry at your doctors fibromyalgia is really a gray area in medicine because the causes (patophysiology) is unknown and that makes diagnosis and curing it just throwing darts in the dark.

Oh and I forgot to respond, I dont have a very specifit interest in this area. I havent decided what to specialize yet, but the forum seems interesting and talking to people here seems like it can help me grow and learn how to help and diagnose :)

Sorry for some reason my first post didnt go through, thanks for the welcome guys :)

Fibromyalgia is a very complicated matter, the patophysiology and causes are unknown. Symptoms are generally very "broad" from a doctors stand point so its pretty hard to diagnose. There are no specific markers or ways to diagnose it accurately and also no real way to treat it either. Dont be angry at your docotor, there are alot of people out there who are hypochondriacs so at first the doctor might think its nothing serious, so give them some slack. :)

And Croatia is a beautiful southern european country with a beautiful seaside - here is the google search for Croatia so you can check otu some pictures -
I reccomend coming here for a vacation :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back