Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2005
Country
US
State
Idaho
Just a quick hello. i have been dealing with FM for about 14 1/2 yrs--at least that is when i started needing Rx pain medications. I think I have had symptoms for years, they were just mild enough at times to pass off as something else. Bladder issues were not mild, but i found ways to tolerate them. I have gone from 1 darvocet with an excedrine a day---to 5 norco and 4 soma and meloxicam for arthritis. i have recently started using a pain patch----Butrans---it has been wonderful to NOT wake up in pain every day. I still have a lot of fatigue, though. I hae been trying something new to see if it will help eliminate some of my pain and fatigue. I know I need to eat better and get some exercise--but i never can tell when i have over done it--until it is too late. I guess when i get on a role, I don't want to stop.

momto11,
It is always good to welcome in someone with experience with fibro, because you often can share homemade coping skills that have worked for you.
Many new members are struggling with the diagnosis and trying to find little ways to manage symptoms on their own, so I hope you will share what you know as well as reading up new info on your own.

Bladder issues can be a bother. But luckily there are many ways of handling that problem now. The pain issues get us all down, and I have found that relaxing more and worrying less, has helped. I also use pain medication but try hard not to over do but use natural ways instead.

Ask any questions you may have and post answers to other members as well. I hope you can learn lots of coping skills, as well as, teach us all a few tricks that work for you. See you around the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back