Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
US
State
VA - Virginia
I'm new to the forum. My PC doctor suggested I find a support group in my area or online. I have never joined one before, so I am a newbie. I was officially diagnosed with fibro in May 2013 after suffering for years, and getting shuffled to many different doctors who couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. I am still having trouble finding a good fibro doctor in my area. I now travel over two hours to see another doctor, and I am not happy with her. She is a new doctor, and I don't think she has seen many fibro patients, she has no bedside manner, always in a hurry, no advice on how to deal with this disease, just gives me more meds, more bloodwork, will not help with disability claim. It's all very frustrating.
I feel for everyone on this site who is dealing with this disease. Hopefully, we will be able to help each other.

CindyT,
Hi and welcome to the forum. Support groups can be a great way to make new friends, as well as, learn a bunch of worthwhile coping skills. Sometimes one on one personal face to face groups can be a bit worrisome as in sharing personal thoughts and bits of your life with strangers, so online forum groups such as this one can be a refreshing different experience.

We may not see you in person, but we see you as a person in need of help dealing with the symptoms of fibro and maybe the reactions of family or friends who don't see fibro as being as disabling or painful as you do. We offer encouraging words and support with a place to vent when all is going wrong on those bad days.

So please jump right in and read and study the different comments made by other members and offer your opinions throughtout the forum. I am glad your here and look forward to reading your posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back