Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
US
State
PA
I am at my witts end trying to feel better and came across this forum.

The diagnosis I received years ago of Fibromyalgia has been tamed for some time. However, once I stopped exercising, to go on vacation, the fibro FLARED! It has affected my daily way of living.

Any help on any treatments that have worked for you, I would LOVE to hear them. I am currently on Cymbalta and Lyrica. I just started them about 15 days ago and still in extreme pain which affects my sleep.

So sorry for the flair and I hope by now the Cymbalta and Lyrica have begun to help. What helps me most is vitamins B-complex, (in the morning), D-3 and magnesium (at night). I take others as well but I really feel a difference with these. Also for me, chiropractic and massage are essential but I'm also dealing with chronic pain from 2 other things. A heating pad sometimes helps, even just for comfort, (as does my dog sleeping with me ; ) ). As to the sleeping, that still avoids a solution even though I'm on something new for it, (Gabapentin). When I was on Cymbalta I could sleep any time, any where! I'm glad to not be fighting that anymore but now seriously have the insomnia. I do hope any of this has helped, or just to get a reply--you are not alone! Abundant blessings.

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom!

The Cymbalta has helped me but had to get off the Lyrica as it did not agree with me. Oddly enough, I came down with bronchitotis and was put on steriods and that helped me tremendously!

I hope that the road ahead has less pain in store for me.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back