Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
CA
Hi everyone, I figured it was time to join a forum and seek others that struggle like me. I have been dealing with issues for about 5 years. Right after my last baby. Doctors couldn't give me answers. I was overly skinny and could not gain weight. No common to complain about that one huh. My thyroid was always "normal" in their diagnoses. Well over a year ago I started having major issues with fatigue and more pain, along with random panic attacks and anxiety. Of course doctors want to just diagnose you with depression. Then I had them test my autoimmune for Hashimotos, shortly after my mom was diagnosed with it. That was a relief to finally have answers thinking I could get everything worked out with thyroid meds. Nope they didn't want to put me on them since I was not officially Hypo yet. I had to get a second opinion in order to treat my symptoms not my levels. I improved tremendously. Except for pain, brain fog. I was someone that loved the gym and weight lifting and sewing. My hands hurt so bad, I have had to give it all up. The Dr then decided to label me with Fibromyalgia and CFS. It makes sense. I take meds at night to help with fibro so I sleep and thyroid meds in morning. I also do B12 shots since I am depleted. I really thought I could improve to where I can be super mom again. I even went back to work thinking I could do it. I am finding I am not so good at details and multitasking like I used too. So frustrating. I was a mom that had three kids at home while husband deployed and never complained. I even moved us on my own when he was gone. I could do anything. No I can't even work part-time and take care of my kids the way I used too. I thought I had accepted all this change, but at times I just want to scream. I am only 35 and my body is falling apart. So not fair. So I am reaching out to relate with others like me. See if it can bring comfort and ideas of ways to cope.

Welcome to the site.many many of us have gone from super mum to plain old mom.
You will find it takes years to get to grips with living with fibro. And remember your not labeled with fibro you live with fibro.i ts aas real as any illness.
You now have to learn to do things at a slower peace. I have three teens and a two year old I still take her to play group .im dreading th school runs but il do them .its mind of matter with me.move as much as you can or you will start getting stiff. But as I say slow down .give yourself extra time to do things. Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back