lisafulks

Reason
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Tn
Hello I am new to this forum I am hoping to find out things about fibromyalgia I have not been confirmed yet that I have fibromyalgia I do however have cervical stenosis with myelopathy also i have a flattened spinal cord I have chronic pain everyday.

Lou38

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2017
Country
UK
State
Scotland
Hiya. Welcome aboard, this is a great forum & we all have the same thing in common - coping with pain every day. I'm sure you'll find some really helpful advice & support on here, I certainly have & am really glad I found it.

Dooi

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
CA
Hi Lisa, welcome to the group!

I assume you're speaking or planning to speak with a doctor? I do know that the presence of an existing condition can complicate diagnosis for both chronic pain or fibromyalgia so I hope it's a smooth path for you and you have access to a good doctor.

You'll need to be looked at by a doctor either way, but you might like to also fill out the survey that's often used along with some sort of tender point analysis by the doctor. There's a quick fibromyalgia test on the front of the website and a chronic pain test as well.

lisafulks

Reason
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Tn
I have seen a few doctors they all have said that i need the acdf surgery i did both of those tests the fibromyalgia test said that i had it i can not afford to have the surgery right now but thank you for your response

Dooi

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
CA
I have seen a few doctors they all have said that i need the acdf surgery i did both of those tests the fibromyalgia test said that i had it i can not afford to have the surgery right now but thank you for your response

Will you go forward with the anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) surgery?

lisafulks

Reason
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Tn
I will as soon as I can afford to be off work for awhile

Sagey

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
Us
State
NY
Hi Lisafulks,

Welcome you'll find a lot of great information and support on these boards.

Sagey

Status
Not open for further replies.