Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
1/2011
Country
US
State
MI
Hello,I am Kimber and was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2011.It was devastating at first and have learned to control it very well.On a good medication for it now and have my check ups on it.I have been through tough times in my life and have not let this hold me back.I was 32 years old diagnosed with it and still live a good life at 42 years old.Luckily my mom whom adopted me at age 13 has been there for support reminding me don't let this kick my butt.She has been there before for me and well loved by her

Welcome, Kimber. Happy to hear that you're kicking fibro's ass!

Thank you and I am kicking Fibro's ass.Mom an inspiration to me which I am transgender as well being genderfluid

Hi. I'm new to the forum and so happy to be here. I'm 76 and was diagnosed some 10 to 15 years ago. I've muddled along not always validating that I have this condition. I also have osteo arthritis and sometimes I haven't been able to discriminate between the pains. However, from what I've read (just a bit) already, I KNOW I have FM. Any action I take seems to be followed by a need to lie down. And then there are days of lying down. Just this past week a friend came to stay with me for 4 days, and when she left, I had zero energy for 3 days - mostly spent in bed. It's very frustrating because I have always led a busy life. I also find that there's a line that, if I go over it, I'm in bed for at least a day or two. I' am not under the care of a reheumatologist these days, but years ago one had put me on low doses of amitryptiline, which I remember as helping. Then I changed insurance plans and started getting notices that this drug was not good for seniors. So when I moved to upstate NY I stopped taking it. I do take cymbalta but I don't feel any relief for FM from that one.

If anyone on this forum is from the Hudson Valley or Capitol area of NY and knows a good rheumatologist, I would love to hear about them.
More to the point, I am glad I found you all

Hello and welcome! I'm newbie too! Nice to meet you!

Hi all,
Happy that you're here! Will look forward to hearing from you, if you decide to share, ask or vent.

And then there are days of lying down. Just this past week a friend came to stay with me for 4 days, and when she left, I had zero energy for 3 days - mostly spent in bed. It's very frustrating because I have always led a busy life.

Yellowstockings, I totally relate to this. I think it's one of the hardest things about fibro; normally, when life is tough, you just dig deep and push through - but this thing really punishes us for doing that. I hope you find a great rheumatologist nearby 🌷

Thanks, Jemima. I'm going to wait till I move to Chicago (sometime soon, I hope) to find someone who's onboard with fibromyalgia and CFS and not a skeptic. Ih the meantime, onward (with discretion!🤔)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back