Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning to all. I was wondering if anyone knew what to eat or what vitamins to take for energy. My brain does 100 miles an hour wants to do so much, but my body does not have the strength so weak to do anything.

I've added b vitamins, zinc, magnesium vitamin c and iron to my collection (I only take iron cos I've not ate a cow for 15 years, I won't eat meat,) I don't know what your diets like,? I feel better on this bunch, but you gotta make sure your not taking too much, coQ10's a quite popular one, (there's biotin in my hair, skin, and nails formula so that might be perking me up a bit too) fibro can be a right meany sometimes with the energy drain (probably better done with diet/food) 🤗🕊🩷

Good morning to all. I was wondering if anyone knew what to eat or what vitamins to take for energy. My brain does 100 miles an hour wants to do so much, but my body does not have the strength so weak to do anything.
the thing is, no one can answer that for you because everyone is different. If you simply start taking vitamins or other supplements you will not know if you are actually addressing an issue you have or if you are getting too much of something.

Have blood work done before you start taking things, and find out if you have any deficiencies. Then you can address them accurately.

The most important thing is to eat well. Eat very healthy food, eat enough of it, avoid sugar and alcohol and processed foods and fast food and deep fried things and all of the other things that are unhealthy. Eat fresh whole foods, and start experimenting with cutting out one thing that could be a trigger for you, such as I describe in my post about this. If you are eating a truly healthy diet and not eating junk then you should be getting all the vitamins you need. If your bloodwork shows that you are not, then you have a problem that taking supplements will address.

Taking a high quality multivitamin every day won't harm anything, as long as you make sure it's a good one because cheap poorly made vitamins are either not very helpful or do nothing at all. But just taking extra B vitamins or iron or anything else without knowing if you need that is unwise.

Another thing to consider is how much exercise you are getting. If you spend a lot of your time sedentary, that will lower your energy level. Whether or not you want to, get up and move around. Take long walks. Put on music and dance. Whatever you want, but get the body moving every single day for as long as you can. Start with 5 minutes if need be, but work up to where you are active for at least 20 minutes a day and preferably more. Your body/mind will not just produce energy if you are not using any. And there's no magic pill that will do that for you.

Good day, I was wondering if anybody knew what to use for skin and face. I use to use Origen and Clinique face serum, but it does not work no more my skin feels more dry and hurts. Don’t know if I should be trying to find an oil base serum, please and thank you have a wonderful day

I get mine from Holland and barret (sometimes I use hydramol cream for my face) my face is sensitive, (we got to be careful with our skin) it depends on your price range and what your looking for cos there are soooo many, also (i should have) mentioned blood tests in my last post (i just assumed they'd given them to you) cos deficiencies and being under in say thyroid (like i am) csn definatly make a difference to you skin
🍀🩷🍀

Last edited:
Hi Marinemommy

We can probably all relate to the way you describe feeling - I see you haven't listed a diagnosis - perhaps you might want to ask a doctor whether you have ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (or its sister disease, long COVID) both make you feel sapped of energy. Fatigue is also a symptom of Fibromyalgia.

If you do have one of these conditions, vitamins will not necessarily be the answer. No-one knows exactly how ME/CFS works, but some of the latest theory is that mitochondria (part of the system that delivers energy at the cellular level) are somehow denied access to cells in the normal efficient way and made to go on a long and complicated detour to deliver their payload. The upshot of that is you just don't have as much in the tank as a healthy person does.

The most useful advice I've found to combat this is what's called 'pacing'. This involves keeping an eye on your energy levels throughout the day and making sure you take regular breaks as needed. Plan your days ahead of time and try to break up larger tasks into smaller more manageable jobs. For instance, when my disease was very bad I was only upright for 30 minutes a day, but slowly I added 5 minutes onto my activity envelope and in a year or two I was up for most of the day most days. I break up tasks into 5 and 10 minute sessions with 15 minutes of rest in between, and that way I can get through some things and feel like I'm contributing.

Pacing is also really useful when you are going away or are going to be in a high energy environment for an event - plan to rest for a few days before and after an event, and plan rest stops on the journey. Its very boring but it stops you relapsing or getting worse.

Of course if you don't have any of these conditions vitamins may yet be the answer! I hope you find a solution.

have you talked to your doctor and has he suggested what medical problem you are experiencing ? what you describe could be any of many medical conditions or simply a lack of the required vitamins and minerals - a blood panel test would check all of these . It is very hard to find a solution for you on what you describe

Hi Mm - lots of good basic ideas always worth thinking about... I'll compare yours to my situation, then I'll answer your question more exactly, like @Auriel.

Quick exhaustibility is my weird kind of fatigue, meaning lots of strength if necessary, but only for a short time. As that has become my main & most debilitating symptom, esp. after jab-triggered MCAS, I do a heck of a lot to improve it. If I had more CFS-symptoms I'd probably have that diagnosis too. But what it is exactly is hard for everyone to pinpoint and since I'm doing absolutely everything for it I've found (100s of things, 1 or 2 still to go), a more exact diagnosis wouldn't make a difference at the moment.
I was wondering if anyone knew what to eat or what vitamins to take for energy. My brain does 100 miles an hour wants to do so much, but my body does not have the strength so weak to do anything.
The brain part would be exactly me, and I don't think it fits well with CFS (?). But the body part doesn't, cos my muscles are still strong. And still if I don't pace extremely tightly, like @Artizane, I don't last long. At the moment that means using the "slowest parts" of my energy profile, never tapping 100% or 80%, even for a few minutes (like I was able to in the past), my main part I now tap on is around "40%", which is sort of like a tortoise, but that way I can keep moving longer without backlash.

But I can answer your question about foods and supps, too. Despite only having "8-12%" energy at the moment, I wouldn't say I'm a blind person leading the blind if I list my recommendations, cos my supps do actually work, I'm even worse off if I forget or test stopping them. And I had 35% energy before the jabs/MCAS, was still able to commute to work.
Food is a rare one. Unless you're not eating healthy yet, meaning a) only unprocessed food, plus b) eliminating trigger foods, and c) most radically: paleo or even paleo / vegan ("pegan"). If you've done all that (or parallel), then there's too tricky ones which I found out by my doc checking unusual bloods, and protein, phosphate and B2 were low, all of which are very energy related. For protein we can try protein powder, B2 we can supplement (I had to go extremely high dose and change the B2-type). Phosphate (being part of ATP) isn't really possible by supps, so they don't have any here in Germany, with food it's complicated - best source I found was to soak pumpkin seeds.

I'd recommend to try in the order of what I feel is or should be most recommended by others:
  • vit. B12 (the 3 good sorts, not cyano-),
  • L-carnitine (whilst ALC is probably more for brain than body),
  • magnesium glycinate and malate (rare: glycinate wakes me in the evenings),
  • CoQ10 (but also sleep, so me: evenings),
  • eleuthero (recommended by Evan Hirsch),
  • rhodiola (but also sleep, so me: evenings),
  • vit. B2 (check bloods, I was deficient),
  • vit. B9 (as 5-MTHF),
  • ginkgo,
  • NAC or I now tolerate glutathione better instead,
  • PQQ,
  • SAM-e,
  • luteolin (but also sleep, so me: evenings)
  • Theanine (some for sleep, for me: mornings nec.) & EGCg (ame).
  • Selenium (less than 6 months), or according to blood level.
  • Check bloods for phosphate, tough if deficient (like me), cos only via foods (pumpkin seeds & almonds preferably soaked... o_O)
  • protein (bloods, me: deficient): protein powder & shakes.
  • Some say: B6 (me: high enough now, as P5P), B7 (me: too high),
  • Some say: vit. C (me: lots for MCAS, cos of GI as sodium ascorbate).
  • TMG (me: to balance out B3 for lipids)
  • Copper (good form when bloods low. Antagonist to zinc, which in my case unusually, is high).
Maybe:

• Not sure, doubt they'll work: ATP (tried before), creatine (body builder energy is not necessarily what I need).
  • Not supp, and risky, cos side effects just as possible as it helping, but I might try one day: LD.N, low dose nal trexone.
No longer:

• Risky: D-ribose (GI side effects, simple sugar).
  • Enzymes: NADH, serrapeptase - were occasionally very effective, usually not, so stopped.
  • Expensive & not worth my while: alpha GPC, huperzia A - may be more for mental energy.
I take all those in the first block for many reasons, and when I run out of one it seems to make a difference.....

And aside of supps:
In the past cryotherapy has increased energy sometimes, also real Chinese acupuncture, and my test of levo-thyroxine (T4), but they all had big side effects, so I've had to drop them (cryotherapy after 1.5y, Chinese acupuncture after 33 sessions and T4 after a month).

Some people find better sleep increases energy. That'd be another whole list of supps, trigger prevention and lifestyle changes. Most important to me to improve my circadian rhythm is getting early 6am sunlight and sleeping less long, but that seems to only be working well if I have my histamine under control, by avoiding and adjusting my favourite supp, GABA.

"Some say: vit. C
"
I had the pleasure of having Professor Linus Pauling as one of my visiting lectures at Uni- his advice was to take extremely high doses of Vit c - however once the body has the required levels of Vit C the rest is passed in the urine which is money down the drain. But then Linus Pauling never suffered from colds or flu during his life maybe because his Vit C level was always at the required level

ginkgo, has little use and can react with a number of medications
eleuthero Eleuthero may lower cholesterol so if you are on medication for high cholesterol then it can cause problems also if you have diabetes then this will raise your blood sugar levels and thus may work against your diabetes medication

I was wondering if anybody knew what to use for skin and face.
Hi @Marinemommy1009 I also have very dry skin and face. I’d suggest switching over to more gentle face and body washes with no fragrance. Looking for ones labeled sensitive skin helps. Face and body washes that are creamier in texture will be better for dry skin.
As far as lotion, it’s best to use on damp skin so don’t dry off your face or body completely. Look for fragrance free lotions labeled for “very dry skin”. Lotions should be thicker in consistency than what you’re used to. For face lotions, the thicker lotions usually come in a jar. I’ve found the same to be true of body lotions.
I’m not sure where you’re located but some good brands I stick to are Cerave, Cetaphil, Eucerin, and LaRoche-Posay. Many of these are dermatologist tested too.
I’ve researched ingredients in lotions and washes extensively as I’ve always had dry, sensitive skin but it’s just gotten 10 times worse with fibro 🙄 If you have any other questions please ask!

however once the body has the required levels of Vit C the rest is passed in the urine which is money down the drain. ... colds or flu during his life maybe because his Vit C level was always at the required level
Yeah, but both sides are old school - there are new studies saying overdosing C as well as B12 and B2 does help, so theory is fine, but if it doesn't work, I look at trials and trial myself and have success with that. Science doesn't know what my required levels are, it doesn't know what the rest does before it is being passed and it doesn't know what "the rest" does in my strange body, cos they haven't tested on me yet. My B12 levels rocket above being measurable from 5mg injections every few months.
ginkgo, has little use and can react with a number of medications
You mean little use for energy? It helps me more for mental than physical energy, that's "true", it's recommended for MCAS and it thankfully decreases my lipoprotein (a) which not even statins manage. But you're right, I should have added that and put it further down the list.
eleuthero Eleuthero may lower cholesterol so if you are on medication for high cholesterol
Or it'll help you if you have high cholesterol and are not on medication... ;)
New to me though, good to know, add that to my overview table. If you start me on that: Same goes for ALC, B3, B5, B9, carnitine, ginkgo, PEA, CoQ10, quercetin, resveratrol, glutathione, TMG on the list above, which are further reasons I take these, as well as the fairly commonly taken pycnogenol/OPC/pine bark, psyllium, flaxseed, quinoa and olive leaf extract.
Whilst D-ribose increases triglycerides...
And eleuthero too, as well as CoQ10, rhodiola and theanine on the list and omega 3, pycnogenol and psyllium can reduce blood pressure. So again bad if you have related conditions / meds.

Dead right implying everything should be very carefully researched, either yourself or asking here. I've researched each of the ones I've tried for 20+ hours, and sorted the most important effects into an overview table (screenshot of the first half attached), so I can list, but I could also write half a page on the most important things to watch out for for each supp.
A long list what to try can be a starting point for people's own research, it can never be a guarantee.

Attachments

• 2nd half of my supps 2023-05-31.jpg
    2nd half of my supps 2023-05-31.jpg
    936.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Some of my supps 2023-05-31.jpg
    Some of my supps 2023-05-31.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
I’m not sure where you’re located but some good brands I stick to are Cerave, Cetaphil, Eucerin, and LaRoche-Posay. Many of these are dermatologist tested too.
Just a note: some of these have caused my skin to break out in a rash. Being dermatologist-tested doesn''t mean that the product will be good for your particular skin. Most products, including these, are made with many different chemicals that are not necessarily healthy. My recommendation is that before you spend a bunch of money, test out the product on a small area, or make sure you can return it to the place you get it.

In my opinion, using something with the fewest ingredients is best, and as many of those being completely natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back