Heatherx

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2023
Country
UK
Hello there!
My name is Heather and I’ve just today been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia by my doctor.
Have to admit it’s a bit daunting and nerve wracking seeing as I’m only 27 but I suppose a chronic diagnosis at any age is scary!
I look forward to participating in some forum threads and getting to talk to other people in this similar situation!

Hi heather, welcome to the forum 🥂🧁, mine started early twenties (didn't have a clue what it was) like a few of us on here the 1st dr I saw told me I was imagining it?, is it just the fibro pain you've got or the chronic fatigue as well? Have you found anything that makes it worse? (certain foods, drinks, and alchohol makes mine worse) There's more info about it now than there used to be. Anyway, I'm sure you'll get more welcomes soon
x X x

Hi! It’s pain and chronic fatigue really :( I’ve worked out that some foods/drinks can make it worse but I suppose it’s trial and error :)
There’s definitely more info than before so it’s useful to have all of it at our disposal on the internet!
I look forward to any more welcomes and thanks for the reply! Xxx

Sure! There's lots about (we're here too, if you want a grumble, or a laugh).I had a grumble today, (I don't do it much,) I'm ok now : ) , I have both too, it's so wierd, it just strips you of all you're energy out of no-where, you're among the same , (we know what it's like)🙄 🤗 🤗

Aw that’s good! Even though I try not to complain too much, it’ll be nice to be able to do it with people here! People that understand I suppose :) yeah like one second you’re doing some nice activity and the next you’re flat out exhausted and can’t move :(

I know. Sooooo wierd, grumble away 😄 I made a thread especially for everyone to come on to let us know how their day was , how their fibro is, and just anything!, it's my "how are you today" thread, (we had a good old chat about music last time, I support the forum, so if we go off topic. I add some to the kitty) 😊

Last edited:
Ooh fab! I’ll make sure to pop onto the thread and have a look! ☺️

Hi Heather - welcome! If you have not already done so, I recommend reading this post:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back