Help! Advice needed pelvic pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honeybee13

Hi, I am newly diagnosed with fibro and have recently been struggling with pelvis pain. I have woken up this morning unable to walk I have tingling pain down my legs to my feet. When standing I feel I am walking on broken glass ( feel free to sing) and my legs feel like they are jutting into my pelvis and it hurts lots. It's all sharp pain and I have no idea how to manage it. Laying in bed is no help because my back hurts, but I haven't got the strength to make it downstairs again. Any help or advice is appreciated

Hi Honeybee13, and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, there is no instant advice I can give you that has great odds of helping you with this problem. This is because everyone is different in how they manage fibromyalgia, or any specific pain or problem associated with it, and what works for one person may not work for another person. There are many things you can try, but you have to do the experimenting yourself. I wish I could say: Do this and it will all get better. But that's not realistic.

Here are a few things you can try right away:
Heating pad
Ice packs
Alternating heat and ice
A TENS unit
A hot bath/soak
Very slow walking around the room, in spite of the pain. Staying in one position too long is probably not a great idea.
Stretching, even if it just means a little bit while lying down.
Relaxation techniques/music/meditation if you are into that kind of thing.

Fibromyalgia is a systemic problem and therefore it takes a systemic approach to manage it and deal with it effectively.
To help you in discovering the things that work for you, I have put together a post of ideas and suggestions. There is usually something there for everyone that can help, but unfortunately I cannot tell you which things...you need to find that out for yourself.

The one thing I do know is that using only medication to manage it is a bad idea, because it does nothing good for you - only masks the pain but doesn't let anything actually get better. And things can get better, but I have to tell you that you are the only one who can do this. that's hard, because you want help. But it is also good, because it puts you in charge and that can be a good feeling.

I hope this helps, and that you will find good support here.
My advice for managing fibromyalgia (especially for newcomers)

Have they given any scans or xrays? It might be an idea in case there’s some kind of arthritis or cysts going on what part of the pelvis is causing you pain? (the bone part or lower down) I’ve got some osteoarthritis in my pelvis but I also get pelvic pain at ‘certain’ times too (this seems to be common in women with fibro, it might be worth having those just to check 🍯 🐝 13

As above has said have u had your back looked at.you might have a disk problem. I offen get tingling down my legs.which for me is sciatica

Yup, good idea, actually Honeybee's description fits very well to what I've "experienced" (family) and read for people with sciatica.
And writing Honeybee's name I've suddenly realized @Auriel what 🍯 🐝 13 meant... Dopey me... :LOL:

@Forgetmenot does sciatica feel like the fibromyalgia nerve pain we get in the other areas, or is it different? (I’ve known a few people with it + I’ve often wondered) 🌹🌷

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back