Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1996
Country
US
State
TX
. Diagnosed with FMS 01/1996 and CFS 08/1996. I was 36, in the prime of my career. It was not a gradual onset but sudden, one day fine, got the flu, apparently kicked it all off. I was in bed first two years while mainstream doctors worked to find medications that at least got me moving around in the house.
Started seeing a D.O. who took the best of alternative medicine, and the best of mainstream medicine. Over the course of 16 years, he got me able to get out of the house 3-5 hours for 3-4 days per week.
Added a pain management doctor who put me on Fentanyl 25 mg patch. This changed my life in a big way. Before when I woke up, I'd take meds and then it was 1-3 hours before I could get up and moving. The pain just got so out of control with too little medication thru the night. The patch gave me a steady pain relief rather than a roller coaster.
I just moved to Lindale from Austin area where I was seeing Pain Management Doc. According to my primary care doctor the Pain Management doctors here don't prescribe narcotics. They are mostly orthopedic, spine doctors. Does anyone know of a doctor who might continue my current medications? I'm so afraid of ending up back in bed and I just can't live like that again.

Do others go to pain clinics? The pain clinics in SLC don't treat fibromyalgia. Maybe I should call around some more! Sorry I don't have info for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back