TinyBec

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello!
This is a random post...but I am hoping someone can help.
I have extreme rib pain from pretty much anything tight around my bra band area/natural waist. I was diagnosed in December 2020, but have been having this issue since like 2017-ish.
I originally switched to bralettes and sports bras, but after I got pregnant in 2019 the pain got way worse. I now only wear stretchy sports bras, but need to buy 2 sizes bigger to avoid them being too tight and I'm still in pain...I carry more weight in my stomach, so it tends to cause my bra band to roll up (causing more pain 🤦)

Does anyone have any suggestions for stretchy/sports bras that work for them, not causing pain? For reference I am a 40C or a 2XL and not wearing one isn't an option LOL

Thank you!!

This is currently what I wear daily (in a 3XL)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like shopping for bras either. I recently went shopping for some and what seemed to work was trying different stores. Every store has their own line in addition to the general designers. I found a very stretchy one at Target and another one at Old Navy. Like you, I buy the size a little larger. The sports bra from Old Navy has been the most comfortable and it has removable padding. I hope this helps

Thank you for replying! I always remove padding lol and sadly right now with Covid, dressing rooms have been closed.

I also live in a small town (I have Walmart, Fred Meyer, Ross, and TJ Maxx) it makes it even more difficult for me!

I just ordered a new bra today, hoping it works for me! I never spend this much on bras 🤣 got to treat yourself once in awhile, right?

Hey!
I have a very similar issue, I get chest pains if my bra is too tight.
I use True bras. I found some at Target for way cheaper than their site prices, but they're very confrotable and one of the only things I can wear, 😊
Hope this helps

Hello!
I have extreme rib pain from pretty much anything tight around my bra band area/natural waist. I was diagnosed in December 2020, but have been having this issue since like 2017-ish.
I originally switched to bralettes and sports bras, but after I got pregnant in 2019 the pain got way worse. I now only wear stretchy sports bras, but need to buy 2 sizes bigger to avoid them being too tight and I'm still in pain...I carry more weight in my stomach, so it tends to cause my bra band to roll up (causing more pain 🤦)

Does anyone have any suggestions for stretchy/sports bras that work for them, not causing pain? For reference I am a 40C or a 2XL and not wearing one isn't an option LOL

Thank you!!

Hi Tiny Bec,

I had to remove the link you posted because outside links are not permitted on this forum.
You might try buying very tight tank tops or a sports bra that extends down like a tank top and see if that works better for you.
Or, if it is possible, just don't wear one and wear loose tops so it doesn't show.

Hi Tiny Bec,

I had to remove the link you posted because outside links are not permitted on this forum.
You might try buying very tight tank tops or a sports bra that extends down like a tank top and see if that works better for you.
Or, if it is possible, just don't wear one and wear loose tops so it doesn't show.
Totally agree. Let it all hang out. Wash breast area and dry thoroughly twice a day to prevent fungal infection, though!

I have recently had to finally say goodbye forever to my bras.
I have one muscle in my back on my right side that doesn't like them. At first, it was just occasional pain, then it turned into any time I wore them. The pain was bad, but whats worse was that it would tighten and spasm with each breath. I did try looking into other types of bras to see if it would help, but then bicep tendonitis caused my shoulder to lose range of motion, and now I cannot even put them on. :D :D if its not one thing....LOL

I feel ya, saggy/bouncyheadlights LOL I am a D and have breastfed all 4 of my girls. These puppys have been through some rough times, but these days, ease of breathing and lessening of pain are what leads me.

Hello!

Thank you!!

Hi. I buy mine from knix. Extremely comfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back