Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
anywhere
Hi i had big emotional stress that took ages to resolve and let it affect me way too much. i have been tearful and at kind of breakdown for months and stopped coping with pain, got panicky as everything became more severe...every tiny thing that i could do before no caused unbearable pain,,,then no sleep depression and i cant find my way back. Things that didnt hurt much like hands wrists....lady bits (am i allowed to say that)? and pain severity from most minor things excrutiating results that then seem to become new permanent stiff and pain areas...like new patterns had been formed in my muscles tendons and ligaments.....before i could pace and potter go in the car talk type now all my body is locked up like its turned to agonizing stone.

Nothing helps hot showers, meds that i never even took before. Every thing I do fels like a risk and i have stopped going in the car and my partner has to cook and do housework when before i had good and bad days (hours) but nothing like this. I am scared as even tyoing to you guys is sooooo painful even in my shoulders since i did a tiny bit of leaf raking in the garden 4 days ago. It feels like an injury and as if some one has literally hammered my body...and the distress and pain even when sitting or even laying is too much.....i have been awake most nights for weeks with severe burning pain and a vibrating sensation all over and where ever my body vibrates pulses pulls the pain and stiffness gets unbearble. My mind feels broken and i feel as if i am trapped and locked in a torturous vessel...even my jaw is locked and throat and talking and eating hurts. This has been going on for months...i just take meds and sit or lay in disbeleif..then try to do something and bam it gets worse...am giving up all hope. I had a good life with ups and downs but i cant take this. Anyone else ever got through big long term changes and then get flexible and more able to potter, pace and acheive things again.

i saw a few of your other posts and responded to one then found this. i've been experiencing a flare up myself this past summer. i could hardly believe the intensity of the symptoms and how helpless i felt. i went from living a busy student and working life in nyc, running around everywhere to staying in bed most of the day. after some grieving and being in total shock of my new life, which was a lot of crying and feeling sorry for myself, which i still do time to time, i tried to focus on what can help me. maybe not cure me because there is no cure, only remission. but how can i work on making myself feel better, even if it's temporarily. as i'm sure you've been actively doing as well. and there's so many different aspects to dealing with fibro, it's not just pain, but it's also the chronic fatigue, the depression, and cognitive functions. i'm trying holistic methods currently before going back on medication because all of the fibro meds come with very strong side effects. but i believe that it is a combination of holistic therapy, drug therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, physical therapy, finding a good support system, and healthier diet that will have the best affect in making this sometimes very unmanageable condition, manageable.

i hear you on how broken and hopeless you feel. i've been there and still sometimes feel it, i imagine it will come and go. i strongly suggest finding a therapist who specializes in coping with chronic pain. this is a terrible condition and depression is inevitable, treating the depression and anxiety will only help you to cope with the other symptoms. warm and gentle hugs to you, willow!

Sounds like you are really depressed and severe pain can surely make u depressed. I have been dealing with severe pain for 7 yrs from fibro and cervical spine arthritis. I take gabapentin, savella, flexeril, xanax and ambien. The thing that helps me the most is the xanax that relieves the anxiety and also relaxes my shoulder muscles. I work in a hospital with cold air blowing on my neck all day which really causes severe pain especially at night. I find that the more I move the better I feel. Physical therapy did not do very much good. Massage helps greatly. I hope you are able to find relief. I know I have had many days where I just wanted to give up and cry. Good luck to you willow.

Thank you both i have just seen your posts. Your kind words are appreciated so much. I wish you both well too.

Hi..I feel for you! I am having a flare and believe it was caused by the stress of my two long time dogs passing..they were very sick for years and I took care of them..after they passed my fibro and depression is horrible..I hope you start feeling better soon

Ah i feel for you. I lost my two boy cats age 17 and 18 in the last year or so. They were my babies and gave me lots of unconditional love and me a purpose even on my worst days to get up cuddle and care for them. Pets you love are such a comfort and bring your home alive especially if you spend a lot of time alone. I hope your flare passes soon. Thank you for you support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back