Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
I need help with finding the right Doctor to help me just get the diagnosis for Fibromyalgia. I was in the military and was in an area where Fibromyalgia is considered presumptive. I have been dealing with all the symptoms and chronic pain for years. After being told over and over again it is this or that I finally found a friend that said has a doctor mentioned Fibromyalgia I had no idea what it was. So after some research, I found not only do all my symptoms match up but I also was in an area of the world the US government considers this to be a presumptive illness. So I take the info back to my DR and he doesn't believe Fibromyalgia to be real. Then I go to another doctor and same thing. I just want to stop taking worthless pain meds and get some real help. Please help me find a doctor that understands this so I can at the very least rule it out.

Hello Clark83. I am terribly sorry you’re having a tough time finding a doctor who can diagnose you. I told my primary care doctor there were times when both of my arms hurt, sometimes to the point of tears, from my shoulders to my fingertips. He walked around me and placed pressure on several areas on the back of my neck and every time I felt pain I said “ouch!”. It was after that he told me he told me it was fibromyalgia. He prescribed Lyrica and it has helped me so much.

The one who finally diagnosed me was a Neurologist, in conjunction with my Primary. I was subjected to, well,.. I can’t even remember how many blood tests for everything from Lymes Disease to Vitamin panels. X-rays, CT-SCANs, and even two MRIs. Since there is no test for Fibro, they basically ruled out everything else, and as far as I know, that’s the only way to really be truly diagnosed. You need to find a physician who will be willing to order all the necessary tests.

I need help with finding the right Doctor to help me just get the diagnosis for Fibromyalgia. I was in the military and was in an area where Fibromyalgia is considered presumptive. I have been dealing with all the symptoms and chronic pain for years. After being told over and over again it is this or that I finally found a friend that said has a doctor mentioned Fibromyalgia I had no idea what it was. So after some research, I found not only do all my symptoms match up but I also was in an area of the world the US government considers this to be a presumptive illness. So I take the info back to my DR and he doesn't believe Fibromyalgia to be real. Then I go to another doctor and same thing. I just want to stop taking worthless pain meds and get some real help. Please help me find a doctor that understands this so I can at the very least rule it out.
Hello Clark83
You need to go to a female Dr.who is familiiar with rheumatolgy or find a nurse who can help. Also fybromyalgia is sometimes considered to be linked to neurological pain. I have had fibro since 2005 and it took about 2 years to finally get a diagnosis from a Rheumatologist. He checked all the trigger points by pressing on my muscles at my knees, arms, legs etc. Over the years I have taken both prescribed meds and over the counter anti inflammatories like Advil, and Aleve. I started having stomach issues and was sent for liver testing which turned out ok. So I decided enough of the drugs except for Cymbalta or Lyrica. I swim in a warm pool 2 x a week, keep active and try to get good sleep. I eat only a nutritious diet and little sugar. I take melatonin at night to sleep. In the beginning B12 shots were helpful. I cant work as hard as I used to physically and am not as strong like I was 20 years ago but I am much better. I have accepted it and let others help me. Avoiding stress, meditation, yoga, music and relaxation are all helpful. Walking in nature is very good. The last resort was CBD oil drops daily which really worked to reduce pain.

Best wishes to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back