here to vent again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they stopped local fibro groups ages ago way before covid I phoned the coordinators they said no one was turning up
Similar in my town. I was chatting to a nice smart woman cleaning the staircase in a house I was in and it turned out she had fibro. Then it turned out she had been deputy coordinator in the support group here, the 'chief coordinator' was very difficult, so she had to try to keep it going, but others stopped coming anyway. The next nearest one'd take 45 mins to get there and they'd meet at 7:30pm - how can a fibro group meet when it's time for me to shut down...? And the next nearest'd take me 75 mins to get there, and meet in the mornings (). But I don't think these live support groups will do anything like researching & reading, writing on the forums. My wife finds it hard to understand, but live is more stressful for me, socially as well as having to keep to a certain time. I doubt there will be people who can I really talk to properly. But who knows, praps one day I'll contact one of the two again, "after CoV" ;-)

Last edited:
Jaycs Is gaba short for gabapentin and co for cocodamol or are they 2 different things? I take gabapentin , puts me borderline unconscious
Different: GABA is a neurotransmitter, from which 'derivatives' such as gabapentin and pregabalin are made, i.e. derived from. So GABA is a supp, very gentle, whilst gabapentin and pregabalin are meds with a lot of side effects. - Is that what what you mean by "borderline unconscious", i.e. verging on becoming a zombie? With Co. I meant "company", i.e. similar things to GABA, esp. the other amino acids (glutamine is I think now working, theanine is up next), enzymes (serrapeptase), etc. :cool: Co-Codamol as you probably know is a combination = of Codeine & paracetamol, again nothing I'd take. (But neither were suggested by my pain management, I found out about them on the forums.)

Hi jemima just wanted to give you a shout out I won’t be on much today been feeling horribly hungover all day ( wish it was for a good reason (like lemonade + Malibu or bailys the night before) but no my fibro nausea+ fatigue go me gooooood, ok I’ll speak you soon x x x

Yeah my pain meds make me kinda zombie but they make me sleep for a ridiculous amount of time too ( 1, 200 mgs) and high does cocodamol for other things, and there’s stuff online to start your own support group ( there’s an idea init?) ok I’m going now I’m not having a very good day today 😔

Yeah my pain meds make me kinda zombie but they make me sleep for a ridiculous amount of time too ( 1, 200 mgs) and high does cocodamol for other things, and there’s stuff online to start your own support group ( there’s an idea init?) ok I’m going now I’m not having a very good day today 😔
Hope you're having a good rest now. I do find myself that writing on the forums is a good way to rest, better than most other things.
Well fibro itself makes me sleep much more, that was one of the earliest symptoms that I cdnt manage to go out dancing any more, last thing was I planned to go for an hour at the earliest time my favourite clubs opened, 11 or 11:30, with usually only me on the dancefloor, unless I got some of the bystanders going for a bit with my endless energy. Then I often started breaking down at 9pm, even if I tried to keep myself awake, and a few times I managed till 10:30, then got on my bike and started falling asleep on it, so returned halfway there or even standing in front of the door.... If I got there I could usually manage the one hour - better than nothing. 10 years ago 3h was OK once or twice a month.
So it's not my main aim, but it would be great to get the amount of sleep and the evening tiredness down again. My wife goes out alone with friends of mine and hers now, thankfully.
Oh dear, an own support group - yeah, great idea as long as I'm not the owner! :ROFLMAO:

Hi jemima just wanted to give you a shout out I won’t be on much today been feeling horribly hungover all day ( wish it was for a good reason (like lemonade + Malibu or bailys the night before) but no my fibro nausea+ fatigue go me gooooood, ok I’ll speak you soon x x x
Ugh, I'm having a bad few days too! Pain like a truck hit - not enough sleep I think :rolleyes: Hope you feel better soon, and see you on the other side ☀️

I know jemima , because we’re both very fed up of it what about selling it on ebay?😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back