Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
US
State
IL
oh goody went to bed feeling pretty good not hurting too bad. woke up at 1:30am and am still up. Back pain is intense heating pad stop working so I got my "rice sock" out put it in microwave and put it on back or wherever, Just sick of not being able to get decent sleep. Any suggestions. Im trying to keep working cause its just me . My job is a desk job and i can get up and walk whenever. HELPPPPPPPP!:cry:

Oh sweetpea sorry you have been awake. I hate it when i get into bed not too bad and wake 3 hours later throbbing with pain. I have only had a couple of hours last night...tried pain killers sleeping meds but nothing helped then my intersistial cystitis flared up ....awful pain and weeing over and over.

Our crazy bodies......i dont have to work like you that must be so hard.

Have you got a sleeping med for emergencies or something doc says you can take all the time. I hate meds but you need sleep especially if you are working.

Willow,
Thanks yes its difficult.I take 600 mg of gabapentin 2 times a day and an extra 100 at night. That used to help me sleep not so much lately.

Hi Sweetpea, Sorry for your troubles :( I take 5mg of Melatonin and 1mg of Clonzepam, and 1mg of Mirapex. Those help me with my Restless Leg Syndrome. The Clonzapem helps kill the pain a bit too. But I also take 600mg of extended release Gabapentin, 30mg of Cymbalta, 200mg Celebrex, and 15mg Mobic for pain/fibro. I top it off with 1-2g of MMJ and I can usually sleep for about 5 hours.

Cheryl Ann,
I take the 600 of gabapentin twice a day with an exxtra 100 mg at night. I a;so take 20 mg of fluoxetine twice a day and 4mg of tizanidine twice a day aswell

All these drugs! I hate having to take them and especially bc some of them could cause really bad things. So we gamble with our lives to try to feel better.

I agree with that. Maybe some day they will figure out some way to help thats not bad for us.

I hear you both! I just recently flared and I know what it means. ..I used to be on 600 mg gabapentin 3x/day, 2 T3's 4x/day, morphine at bedtime along with tramadol. Not even all this was effective. I am not looking forward to going down this path again. And as you know it doesn't help that I have to go to the bathroom all night so sleep is always disturbed. ..interstitial cystitis. Once I get sleep I do notice a difference in my pain levels, I hope you find a combination that works for you Sweetpea.

Sweetpea,
i have insomnia too. I recently went to see my GP for a med check. I told him I have a cold, I guess or a flare up of chronic rhinitis, plus the awful insomnia. I said I noticed that I can fall asleep after taking the Nighttime Cold & Flu store brand, and I said it like haha funny but he told me to go ahead and take it if it helps because it's just Benadryl and Tylenol. how about that. So for now I am going to keep taking all of my meds plus the Nighttime Cold & Flu.

Nighttime pain always seems worse to me. It's dark and lonely. And then that vicious cycle of knowing you need your sleep, but you can't sleep, so you try harder to sleep..... I sure wish I had a good answer for you and all of us. I take Trazadone to help with sleep. It helps me fall asleep, but Not stay asleep on bad nights.

I was just put on a low dose seroquel 25mg...I have been sleeping like a baby!

Dr put me on melatonin it worked for a couple weeks and in the last few days it doesnt seem to work anymore. Keep waking up every night and cant go back to sleep

Seroquel stopped working, now trying Amitryptaline, again...so frustrating.

I'm sorry that you're all having sleeping issues too! I just found that I have bulging discs in my cervical spine (neck) and my doctor put me on Vicoden and Valium to help me sleep through the pain. I'm not taking it every night because I'm terrified of becoming addicted to anything but on the nights I take the Valium I tend to sleep much better and actually wake up feeling like I slept.

One of the problems I have is that even if I do sleep all night, I wake up feeling like I didn't get any rest at all. But the couple times I've used the Valium it wasn't an issue for me. Too bad they can't find something in the same family that would help us sleep but not as addictive.

Oh sweetpea sorry you have been awake. I hate it when i get into bed not too bad and wake 3 hours later throbbing with pain. I have only had a couple of hours last night...tried pain killers sleeping meds but nothing helped then my intersistial cystitis flared up ....awful pain and weeing over and over.

Our crazy bodies......i dont have to work like you that must be so hard.

Have you got a sleeping med for emergencies or something doc says you can take all the time. I hate meds but you need sleep especially if you are working.

Try Amnitriptolane, ask your Dr. Sleep like a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back