Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
I am sitting at my computer getting ready to compose yet another letter to my attorney as to what my conditions are, what my doctors are saying about them and how I feel they prevent me from working. This has got to be the 10th letter I have written on this same subject this year. I am getting really frustrated over having to do this over and over again. Isn't one letter enough. I have explained everything, given my attorney all of the records I have and still they want another letter. I know the attorney is just trying to give me the best chances of winning by having all of my documentation up to date but enough is enough. I was supposed to have a hearing in June but haven't heard a word from the attorney or court as to when it's going to be. I am supposed to receive a 30 day notice before the hearing takes place so if I don't receive it within the next couple of weeks June is out. What my fear is is that I won't get a hearing until July or August and a decision won't come until September or October. In April of next year I will be eligible for regular social security and I am afraid they are going to say "well it's only six more months before you qualify for regular social security so you can just wait for that". I have invested so much time and effort into this process (2 years) and I might still get denied. That would be such a let down. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. Will keep everyone posted.

Yeesh, I hate to say it, but I am trusting the professional community less and less these days. I can't believe with a lawyer it should be taking so long. If you don't mind me asking, did the lawyer charge you a flat fee or by the hour? I just hope he/she isn't doing something to drag it out.
My girlfriend with RSD applied on her own (granted, she was a paralegal and knew the system), but she was approved in less than 6 months.

I was thinking I would apply if my condition worsened, but I don't know if I can go through that kind of stress (the doctors give me more than enough).

Krista, Hang in there! Maybe you can have a heart-to-heart with your lawyer regarding all these redundant info requests. I also received requests from my lawyer, but never felt that she was asking the same questions over and over. Perhaps a good talk with him/her is in order? You don't want to piss him/her off, but just want an explanation of any redundancy.

Also don't forget that for SSDI you are also being awarded for back pay as well - which can be a hugely significant amount of money. Don't give up on your SSDI application!!

And for those who have not applied, get your documentation in order and apply as soon as you possibly can because, as you can see, the wait/process may be quite long! I finally have a hearing date that is 2.5 years since I first applied for SSDI.

all the best!

keep trying. They never want to make it easy. I think they hope we will just give up or die trying! Keep plugging at it. Nothing ventured nothing gained. i know it's not much encouragement but I am sending up a prayer also. : )

You will hear from them soon I got a gut feeling u will.as u have said they want up to date.i guess some ppl may write a letter and cope off a ton, and then send the same letter in.i guess they want to see these letter are different but the same if that makes sense.
Hold on sugar won't be long .if I'm wrong u can kick my butt .xx

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! I think that, if you qualify for disability, there can be retroactive benefits. Also, I believe you can qualify for disability even when you qualify for SS. So, hang in there. There might be something worthwhile in this.

Yeesh, I hate to say it, but I am trusting the professional community less and less these days. I can't believe with a lawyer it should be taking so long. If you don't mind me asking, did the lawyer charge you a flat fee or by the hour? I just hope he/she isn't doing something to drag it out.
My girlfriend with RSD applied on her own (granted, she was a paralegal and knew the system), but she was approved in less than 6 months.

I was thinking I would apply if my condition worsened, but I don't know if I can go through that kind of stress (the doctors give me more than enough).

I don't mind you asking. If I don't win the lawyer does not get paid. So he has a very strong incentive to see that I win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back