Not open for further replies.

dcloutier

Diagnosis
10/2005
Country
US
State
IL
Hi everyone! I'm Dominique. I'm a 26 year old mom of 2 kids. I have a 17 month old son and a 1 month old daughter. I was diagnosed with fibro right after high school, so about 8 years ago now (doesn't seem like that long lol). I have my ups and downs, but most of the time I manage. I've figured out how to function better, especially now that I have kids. But it still gets to me quite often. My boyfriend and I moved to Chicago from Reno last May because we had a house here and with my kids we needed more room. I have since lost my support network, because I haven't met anyone out here my age, much less anyone with fibro. I'm a stay at home mom, so I'm online a lot. Hoping to connect and hopefully help as well! I look forward to meeting everyone. Love, Light and Blessings to you all <3

Dominique,
Glad you found us. You will find this is a nice place to meet new friends and enjoy posting around the forum. There are many here that face the same aches and pains, and depressing thoughts and so can understand your feelings. Feel free to jump right in and ask questions. Anything that you need to know someone here will have an answer. I am also sure that you know some tips and ideas that will help us.

I have had fibro for over 15 years and have lived those ups and downs, always hoping someday there would be an answer or a cure. Till that comes the best we can do is offer support to one another. Hope you had a good day. I bet your children are such a blessing to you. :)

Hi
ups and downs like a roller coaster ride that don't cost cash to get on but to get off! Lol. I know, I'm nuts.

Hi Dominique, I too suffer from chronic pain and I know how it is when you have kids. I am a single mom of 2 kids. Well mine are older now, they are 15 and 17. But I know having small children can be an enormous chalenge, especially with fibro. I am new here too. But so far this has been a very informative nice place to be. Wishing you all the best.

Hello! I am a 27 yr old single mom of 1, she is 6 yrs old. I was recently diagnosed, but have had the pains and symptoms for quite a while.

If you ever want to chat about anything, feel free to PM me, I don't know many people near my age that suffer from this either...

Good luck with finding support around you, it is very helpful!
Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back