DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
Paignton
Nice to meet you all and great to be able to speak to other FM guys n gals
I've had FM for 30yrs.( although on my hospital file 1987 it clearly states this woman's symptoms point to her having FM )
I then went another 15yrs going back & forth to doctors, hospitals being told I had arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, being given various medications, constantly having blood tests & having steroid injections etc. until finally being diagnoses as having FM & degenerative nerve damage & arthritis.
The road has been long, stressful & extremely painful, at times wanting to curl up & die & not wanting to get out of bed.
I must admit I have learnt to deal with it & live with it pretty much on my own and for many yrs thought I had some illness that was going to kill me off anyway.

No one understands the pain you are in because they cant see it and that has been the most frustrating thing to deal with, bringing children up, trying to work, keeping a husband happy & running a house.
Not surprisingly I eventually divorced a husband (that was convinced I was lazy & always moaning & ill ) and slept my way through a few yrs lol.

I now have a very good lady doctor and am on medication that keeps me fairly stable and able to cope most of the time with the pain although there is always something that crops up, last yr I was having dreadful probs with my vision & could not focus for about 5 mins at a time & thought I had a brain tumour or something.

Now I keep getting cramp in my throat of all places to have cramp, quite scary & I know its going to be another trip to the doctor but when I looked on line, its not uncommon & Im not goint to choke and die lol.
So yeah in a short story thats me. Hope this information is useful to other FM sufferers and sending you all lots of love.
Jan

Welcome jan. I hope u will find the support u need here, oh I hate spell checker I had wrote hi man I hope u find the airport u need. Grrrrrrr for the love of God.
Anyway grins welcome to the worsed club around membership is free and once your in your in for life mwhaaaaaaaa .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back