Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2014
Country
US
State
Idaho
I am so thankful that this forum has been provided for our mutual encouragement! I am a nurse who has become disabled due to the effects of fibromyalgia. I would appreciate getting to talk with people who understand what it is like to struggle with the day-to-day overwhelming pain and fatigue. I am experiencing the emotional effects of accepting that I may never work again. Also, since I cannot drive because I cannot sit in a chair, my husband is selling my car. This also is a painful loss of independence for me. Is anyone else struggling with these issues?

Sorry for your loss

I'm to bullhead and stubborn to let it take my freedom walking driving store's

But these are all limited by it after a very serious car accident 3 years ago I can't sleep in a bed

It took my car repair I used to fix almost anything

We have to find new things we can do to replace them or it will drive you crazy

Everyone is different how much pain they can take how many other conditions we have with fibromyalgia

Me because of my abusive growing up I can take and smile till I pass out but I have lots of stuff and disorders that give me that

Find your balance what you can take what your body says and wants

From there find the new you the positive you can do no matter how small

Educate your spouse help them understand and know about what you are going through

Best wishes good luck

Thank you so much for your reply! I am so sorry that you have had to suffer so much! You are right. I need to find things to replace the things that I have lost.

Arielle- it is so hard to try to rebuild a life based on what we CANT do. I find a lot of solace in knowing I can love my aged mother and my adult children just as much sock as I can healthy. True freedom is freedom of the mind - but it can be difficult to accept. Best wishes to you - you are not alone, and there are those of us out here in cyber space who understand and sympathize.

Thank you, Cindykay! I am so thankful to have found this group for support! It is true that I can still love people just as much, though I cannot do for them what I used to do. I am so programed to get out and work and bring money home and take care of my family with that money. That has been my identity. Now I have to accept that it may never be so again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back