hi Everyone "Coping with Fybro" is a new Channel I'm putting together to raise awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JayCS, I like the pretty blackbird songthe 1st one, I’m gonna listen to the other bb ones later) and coming up (( The bit in the rap made me laugh when it said your tryna get it out of you snout 😂) what are you tryna get of your snout jaycs? Maybe get some long tweezers 😂

Hehe, Blackbird Song are recordings of "Gre-go-ry Gre-go-ry" for 1h on a spring morning. Someday I'll make Blackbird Grooves #3 from that.
"How loud do I need to shout it out, outta my snout?" is referring to fibro-pain & understanding fibro...- so I'd love some tweezers for that...

Cool, funny,😆 the chorus has ear wormed me slightly, I’m gonna listen to more tomorrow 😊 🎧

Also wondering, what is the help it grow until it’s ready? Is it about about the “special” herbs that help said condition, I think you should sell it to papa roach or eminiem, if you end up a millionaire remember us though init?j 👋🏻Ok night night 🦉🌙

help it grow until it’s ready
"Take it slow, but keep it steady; Help it grow, until it’s ready, Hold the light and stretch your hands up; keep your faith, our love will stand out."

This "chorus"/song part is encouraging improving attitude towards life and self-care. Fibro is making me/us "take it slow", pacing, not overdoing it, as @sunkacola says: keeping it down to the sweet spots, making hope realistic by continuing to work on changing it (and exercising gently! ;-)), whilst...:

"Can I make it out, without a doubt? How loud do I need to shout it out, outta my snout? —
Always in the fast lane, always disre garding pain, the cane in my brain, wanning to reign, making me get up again … Now
pow, how can I vow not to allow it to my eyebrows, not highbrow, snow-plow thru some- how to a powwow … So
what’s the clue, where’s the coup, summink new to my crew who knew? To breakthru, - that’s due, so overdue - over to you:"

...this rap part is about (1) learning to understand and give a voice to our condition & pain.
(2) life with the pain before, at the beginning of fibro, and every single flare, overdoing it again ('fast lane'),
(3) "pow" is the onset of fibro, "my eyebrows" are the "point" where it overwhelms (actually my eyebrows literally pain from stress),
"not highbrow" means to want to talk 'normally' about it, break the studies etc. down, plough/plow thru the "snow" and seriously palaver about it with fellow fibromites and everyone in this pow-wow here,
(4) is about breaking thru to find help; which is so (over-)due; you on the forums are "the crew who knew" (many long before me, I'm new, albeit have tried to learn the ropes fast),
"over to you" is symbolical/multi-dimensional (like Eminem's "I'm almost at the bridge now" in Stan):
a) we're all giving others ("you") our experience; b) but it's up to "you" to make the most of it, (c) we're asking others = "you" for advice, (d) we're interacting all the time here, (e) we are hoping/asking others "you" for (song-)reassurance after all our (rap-)doubts and questions, (f) 'the rapper' passing the baton/mike (microphone)/lead back over to 'the singer'...

I've called it "Coming Up", because the track is musically a slow build up to this rap/song part, after which a deliberately jumpy piano part starts up (which my vocal/production coach hates, but I love), that then turns really cheerful and ebbs down again into a long ambient outro (or several). All meant emotionally & symbolically regarding my/our attitude to fibro.

(All my pieces are work in progress, but this is the one I'm actually still working on at the moment, esp. the this song part. That's why I've made a few differing "clips" of this part. Might be doing an unplugged "radio edit" version, ha-ha, as if anything of mine would ever get played on the radio or I could make money off of it...)

I spose like PepeFybro that is my - musical - 'channel to raise awareness about fibro', so we're actually not getting that off-topic at all....

Last edited:
Good stuff 👍🏻 we’re all gonna be on it like a bonnet now you’ve given us the name to look for haha, that kind of explains why your rap ( I’m my head) was in Eminem’s voice like Eminem get out of my head! I didn’t invite you in there 😳, big fan of anyone making awareness of this odd condition though well done 👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back