Not open for further replies.

fimi

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2022
Country
UK
Hi everyone, I'm new here as I have just been diagnosed with fibro by my GP after many years. I am now waiting to see a Rheumatologist and feeling a whole mixture of emotions! I'm so glad to be here with people who can understand the condition and I look forward to speaking with everone. :)

Thank you Dooi and Auriel for the warm welcome. I'm just finding my feet so I thought I'd say thanks here! :)

Hey fimi, welcome to the forum
☕🍪, we hope this can be a place for you to share any stresses/positives or just anything you like about anything? (mainly fibro : ) we go a little off topic sometimes but it’s ok as long as the bosses don’t mind ; ) ) I know I like learning new things about people so It’ll be good to get to know you/your experiences and just generally things you’d like to share? happy posting!🙂🙃🙂

Last edited:
Hi Auriel, I have only recently been diagnosed with fibro and waiting to see a rheumatologist. I'm a tad anxious about what they are going to do/say to be honest, as it's taken many many years for me to get the diagnosis and my emotions are a bit up and down! I feel relieved to know I wasn't going mad and although It's never nice to be diagnosed with any illness but at least now I know what I'm dealing with. From reading about other people with fibro I know diagnosis can take a long time, as it did with me, and each day seems to include some kind of pain and symptoms, but it will be great to chat to others on here who understand how I feel. My family are supportive, but as much as I try to explain how I feel there's only so much I can expect them to understand.
Anyway...it's good to be here and I hope I can be of some help to others with topics on the forum as well as receive help myself! :)

You will be, we have new people joining nearly every day (that’s how common it is) but im sure you’ll get more replies and maybe even welcome new members too! we usually have 2 main welcomers (one is poorly I hope she gets better soon it’s weird without her) I’m not sure where our other main welcomer is? but it’s ok I’m alert(ish) so I’m gonna try if no-ones answers yet (our main ones are sunkacola Jemima and jaycs, our triplet bundle that does main replies) but keep posting and let us know how your getting on plus try not to stress cos it makes fibro worse 💚🐨💚

You will be, we have new people joining nearly every day (that’s how common it is) but im sure you’ll get more replies and maybe even welcome new members too! we usually have 2 main welcomers (one is poorly I hope she gets better soon it’s weird without her) I’m not sure where our other main welcomer is? but it’s ok I’m alert(ish) so I’m gonna try if no-ones answers yet (our main ones are sunkacola Jemima and jaycs, our triplet bundle that does main replies) but keep posting and let us know how your getting on plus try not to stress cos it makes fibro worse 💚🐨💚
Just to let you and others know.......I am well. Been gearing up for a trip I am taking, and will be gone in a few days and not back until after May 1st. Out of the country, and no internet access where I am going, so you won't hear from me until May.

@fimi , welcome to the forum. You are ahead of the game if you have a supportive family around you - many don't have that and it is a lot easier to face if you are not facing it alone. The main thing isn't that they need to understand it all, since they cannot possibly do that if they have not personally experienced it, but to listen to you, believe what you say, and help when you want or need help. If you can get that, you are very fortunate.

There is a lot to learn, and one of the most important things is to realize that you can do a lot to help yourself and do not need to rely on the medical establishment's shaky support and/or treatments. To help you get started on that, I have a post for all newcomers to read:

Best of luck to you and I hope this forum will be of good use to you.

Hi sunkacola, thank you for the welcome and helpful advice.
Have a fantastic trip! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back