WhoAmI

Diagnosis
06/1997
Country
US
State
AZ
Hello Everyone,

My name is Ronney, I am 43 and live in Phoenix Az with my husband of 20 years and 2 of my 3 children. (My (almost 26 year old daughter) just moved home and is going through some life changes. And my 17 year old.

I was diagnosed by my doctor in 1997, the same year I had my son.

I guess I just came here for support. My first question would be this: How do you get people to understand? I mean right now, I am just feeling like a burden to my husband. I can go for months without a flair, then all the sudden I get a flair up and he just doesn't understand, won't try to find a support group for himself to understand. I don't know if he just doesn't believe me or what? I'm extremely upset today, going on like day 5 of a major flair, with stomach issues as well, so I am missing work, and he is mad that I have to miss work... AGAIN. I'm thinking about filing for disability but when I bring this up, I am met with... There is no way you are going to get that, which may be true. And it makes me feel stupid. When I have a flare up its just so damned hard and I don't know what to do:( I'm feeling very very alone...

Anyhow... These feelings are why I joined. I hope to get reaffirmation that I am not alone, and this isn't just in my head. I am at a very low place right now... and feeling overwhelmed:(

Thanks for listening.
Ronney

Ronney,
Just wanted to say your not alone. I don't think there are very many people that don't go through what you are experiencing right now. My husband had no understanding of fibro either, he thought I was just lazy. There is a topic started where we are all talking about dealing with others that don't have a clue or make us feel dumb when we just want to do something to improve our lives.

And you are not crazy. I will talk more with you later, but I need to go to bed now. I drove on a long trip and can not keep my eyes open well enough to type. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back