Hi Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannahMay

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia around two years ago now. I have never met another person with it so this is very exciting for me! I was diagnosed junior year of high school (after suffering with symptoms since I was 11) and I was put on a lot of medication by a doctor who was violating hippa with the upkeep of his medical records and not keeping track of what medication he was giving me. What I ended up taking for a year was worsening my symptoms ten fold. I left that doctor and for a year I’ve been off medication. I figured it’s better to be back where I started than to be worse! Hopefully more research comes out and cases like this can stop happening. I’m in college now and living alone. So a forum to ask questions and meet people like me is very exciting! I can’t wait to read everyone’s stories :)

Hi HannaMay! And welcome to the forum.

You are correct that this is a place where you can ask questions, get information, vent and complain if you need to, and find a number of very supportive people. We are all here to help each other.

It's very unfortunate you had such an experience with the doctor you were seeing. Glad that is over now for you.

There are some things that you can do to help yourself without taking medication, and I wrote a post about that. I hope that it is helpful to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back