DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2012
Country
Uk
State
lanarkshire
Hi everyone:)

I'm new to this forum but unfortunately I'm not new to fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed 2 years ago, suffered for 6 years in total but had a hard time being diagnosed.

I'm a mum to a teenage daughter and work full time, both are basically only made possible by taking my meds, currently tramadol and gabapentine.

The worst thing about FM isn't the pain for me, its the dreaded brain fog! Its the daily routine things I find it most difficult to come to terms with not being able to do, like remembering what date the mortgage gets paid, not being able to have a drink when I'm out with friends due to meds, being too tired to go out to eat or too sore to sit in a cinema for hours.

My family and partner are good, they try but it can be really lonely when ur the only one who understands its just not possible for me to 'snap out of it' or 'stop acting like an old woman'.

For me FM is all about attitude. I try to remember there's people with far worse problems than me out there and make the most of it but sure u'll all know just how difficult it can be to pull yourself out of a flare up!

I suppose this is why I joined, its nice to know other people can and do understand what I'm going through:):)

Feel free to say hello and give me some rips on the forum as I'm new and don't really know what I'm doing yet lol

Hi. Welcome to the forum. And remember, people may have worse problems than you do, but it doesn't make you suffer less.

Hello! Welcome to the forum. Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back