Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
Manitoba
Hello all,

I just join this forum. I'm kind of at the end of my rope. I have all Fibromyalgia symptoms but have not been diagnose yet. I have a good doctor but he has a tendancy of minimizing everything so I was told by and ER doctor that I should ask him to refer me to a Rheumatologist. I have an appointment Friday and I will ask him. I hope he does because my job is at stakes as well as my health.

I hope I'll find some answers and tips in this forum. I haven't read a lot of it prior to registration. In the past year I have been reading all I could find about fibro but never went to a forum.

Thanks for reading me.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you can learn some new coping skills by reading new and old posts on the forum. Also feel free to ask questions as our members are very helpful and supportive and try to offer advice based on personal experience. But remember as in shoes, one size does not fit all. Meaning what works for one might not work for you, but it might.
Also join in and add answers to other members posts and in turn make some new friends. Be sure to check out the off-topic posts or create some of your own. I am glad you found us and hope you will come often so we can get to know you better. :)

Thank you for your reply.

I'm 2 hours away from my doctor appointment and I was advised to write down my symptoms because often we forget some important ones when we are in the doctor's office. Sometimes it's stress but also with this "fibro-fog" I've been feeling, it's more likely that I forget things. So I printed 2 pages of history with examples of what I can no longer do and a list of symptoms. Hopefully he will refer me to the right doctor if he can't reach a diagnosis himself.

To be followed.

Hi all,
Just got back from my doctor. I feel so blessed (not because I have Fibro) but because I thought he would not consider that I have it but I was confident he would refer me to a Rheumatologist. Well, he told me he didn't need a Rheumatologist to diagnose me and when I told him that I had all the symptoms he asked all the good question then he checked the tender points and being my doctor for 5 years, he knows my blood work is normal. He just sent me for one last test for any Inflammatory illness but he said that it was just to rule out absolutely everything. He said, unless this test comes back with something abnormal and I doubt it, you HAVE Fibromyalgia. He gave me samples of Cymbalta. As I never used it, is anyone familiar with this med? If yes, as it worked for you?

Thanks for reading.

I am glad you have an answer. I am currently on it for depression, but in the process I got fibromyalgia and it is supposed to help. However, a lot of
people experience horrible side effct with this so just a warning. I do not know if this medication helps me for fibro to tell you the truth. I do well because of
my treatements. it is prescribed for pain as well though so...

How are you dealing with the diagnosis ? Is there anything else you wonder about?

Hi Camille,
I am dealing ok with the diagnosis because for 2 years I was almost sure that I had Fibro. All my symptoms were the same as Fibro. Like I said, I'm not happy that I have it but at least, now that it's diagnosed we can deal with it. I'm on day 3 with Cymbalta and I had a few side effects but not too bad. Very light. I feel sleepy at times but it doesn't last. The strange things is, it changes by the hour. The next hour I feel good, then a bit chilly and so on. But it's managable. I take 1 30mg in the morning. Now it's my first day back to work after a week of pain and tests which lead to the final diagnosis.
So it's very new with the medication, will see. I think I worry about when I will have to stop taking it because I read horrible things about withdrawal from Cymbalta. But again, one thing at a time. Also I hope it's the good medication for me as I don't feel like changing 2 or 3 times or more.
Thanks for asking :)

Last edited:
Hi

Fellow Canadian here. I hope the Cymbalta works for you and you're getting some results. I know all too well what it's like to be at the end of your rope, I was suffering for a few years before a diagnosis.

My Dr had me on a low dose of Wellbutrin (for depression) and has bumped me up to 2 150 SR pills a day from 1. Not really sure it's helping but will say as a smoker I am close to quitting so that's a plus :)

Similar story to yours except my doctor did send me to a rheumatologist for a diagnosis. I'm male and in my 40's so they wanted to be sure as it is not in common in men. I don't want to hijack your thread so i will need to find the time to start my own newbie post. Really just want to wish you all the best and hope you find some relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back