Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2012
Country
US
State
FL
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia shortly after my c-section, but I believe I had it before that just not as severe. I have PCOS and Graves Disease, but the Fibro is worse than both of them put together. My thyroid disease has gone into remission for the time, so I don't have to take as many meds but all the symptoms of this horrible disease truly makes me feel like I am dying. I had heard about fibro and chronic fatigue syndrome for years but even I doubted the real impact that people claimed it had on their lives. Boy Oh boy! I was sooooo wrong! Every day when I wake I don't want to get out of bed because of the pain I feel. When I stand up I hurt so bad I get the chills and goose bumps, I just want to cry. I am on pain meds , antidepressants, blood pressure med, sleeping pills vitamin D and B12 injections I give myself. Most times it doesn't seem that they work and then I realize that yes, they are working but they can only do so much. I have a 2 yr old and she is the light of my life, I had her late in life, I am 41. But no matter how hard it is to get up and get going I make myself because with my daughter in my life I am truly blessed. I have probably every symptom and even more that I forgot.... I forget everything, so I write it down on notes and then forget the notes. I was always a very happy, easy going person and I am not now, it really has changed my personality negatively. I miss doing things and not constantly feeling so lousy I can't enjoy life. Wow, I needed to get that off my chest. I could keep on going but I think you all know it already, That is why I am here because I need to talk with people that know what it feels like. Thanks for listening.

Welcome to the forum! We can certainly understand what you are experiencing. I am thankful that my children are grown, as there is no way that I could care for them like I used to before fibro struck. I always wonder if the hot-moist heat in Florida would make me feel better as opposed to the horrible winters in NY, but I'm beginning to believe that it doesn't matter where you live. Gentle hugs.

No, I doesn't seem to help, actually I am sensitive to the heat and spend most days inside with the AC. The sun is so bright that more than an hour and I have a migraine to boot. I have lived in Orlando all my life and as a child it was wonderful, warm summers and mild winters. Yes I think for some diseases this climate would be helpful but not so for me, sorry to say.

Loki,
I can agree with you in saying it does not matter what state or country you live in the pain does not seem to improve with being in a warmer climate compared to a colder one. My fibro began while I was living in LaBelle, Fl., and the humid hot weather seemed to make it worse and staying in by the AC did not really help either as I felt imprisoned by the cold air from the AC. The only time it was nice was in the spring and early summer when the temp's stayed around 70 degrees.

We totally understand your pain and frustration in living with fibro and how it ruins each day with pain and fatigue, and brain fog. I am glad you found this forum and have had a chance to vent and get it off your chest. I hope you will continue to join in by posting around the forum and taking time to read posts that offer ideas for coping skills. I hope you feel better soon. :)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back