Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
Hey everyone. I'm Samantha. I haven't been officially diagnosed yet because I ran out of money for copays and blood tests before I reached that point, but my doctor basically narrowed it down to Fibro or RA. After doing a ton of research on my own, I'm pretty sure it's fibro, mostly because the RA results all came back normal except for the sed rate which was 19. She wanted me to see a rheumatologist, but never made the call, so I haven't pushed it yet. I'm pretty sure they'll just tell me what I already know and start the cycle of meds, which I want to avoid as long as possible. Right now, ibuprofen is helping for the most part and I'm learning to take it easy when I start to hurt too much. I also have DDD in my lower back and I'm pretty sure it's in my neck, too, but she only xrayed my lower back. I've had pain since high school and I'm 34 now, but I want to try to stay off meds as long as I can. I've been looking into natural options and hopefully I'll be able to figure something out.

Aside from all that, I'm a writer of speculative fiction (and coloring books), I volunteer for 4-H, me and my family own goats, chickens, horses, dogs, cats, chinchillas, etc. And I collect zombie gnomes. Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back