Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2010
Country
CA
State
ON
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 4 or 5 years ago. I find it really difficult to determine what information and practices are valid and effective. This includes information, advice and prescriptions from medical practitioners. I do have severe degenerative disc disease in my neck, which I think contributes significantly. I was reared ended into a car in front of me by a pick up truck not long before the symptoms started to change my life. I have had an epidural during the delivery of my first child, almost 26 years ago. The first one was in the wrong place, so the needle had to be taken out and re-inserted. I have had an MRI of my neck within the last year (finally to diagnose the DDD). As well, I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression about 14 years ago.

I work full-time in a challenging career. I am well respected professionally. Now, my life outside of work, is really about staying well enough to keep working full time. Most things that used to bring me a lot of enjoyment, I am no longer able to do.....so I am trying to find new things.

Mostly I am looking to this forum to get input from others about what really does work, which doctors or other health practitioners have really provided strategies and approaches that have truly had an impact. It seems like the private sector uses the pain from this condition to scam people into buying things that do not work (which very few of us will return).

I am learning to use meditation and other mindfulness based approaches to help (I don't think they can hurt).

Looking forward to learning from and with all of you.

Hello and welcome to the forum. As you will see as you get to reading the posts on the forum there is lots of information on fibro, as well as, lots of coping skills and hints and ideas for making your life better. Look at the posts in the alternative methods and the ones under the topic heading pain and fatigue. Members have discussions going on about ways to improve sleep and about medications, and in the off-topic section there are other places to talk about favorite books and hobbies, and TV shows.

Please post where ever you want to and ask questions and we will all try and give you good answers backed by personal experience. If your having a bad day feel free to moan and groan and vent, ya we have a spot for that too. See you around the forum. :)

Thanks for the welcome. I really am looking forward to being part of the group. T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back