Not open for further replies.
Diagnosis
11/2017
Country
US
State
Privat
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and would like to introduce myself. I've just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last November, but I've been stuggling with the pain for a few years. I live in The Netherlands, I'm 22 years old and study Communication. Right now I'm having troubles with my study and internship. It is really hard to keep on going.

My family and friends aren't very supportive. They keep pushing my to work hard en put all my energy into school and my internship. I'm a perfectionist so I work hard and push myself everyday. What I miss is someone to just listen to me and be there for me. They don't want to hear it when I have pain or that sometimes I can't even use my arms. Even when I breakdown in tears they don't (want to) understand how I feel.

I feel alone in my struggle and that's why I signed up for this forum. I hope that by reading your stories and tips and having a place where I can talk about Fibromyalgia, I'll feel a bit better.

I'm going to search the forum a little bit. Have a nice day everyone!

Whoopmaaike,
Welcome! Having once been a perfectionist I can relate to what your talking about. Just remember while your studies are very important try very hard to take time out to rest and relax away from the noise and confusion of everyday life. By taking warm baths with epson salts in the water it can ease sore tired muscles. Try warming a light blanket in the dryer and covering yourself up when your in lots of pain. Be sure your bed is supportive yet soft enough to allow your body to relax. A lot of the pain in fibro comes from the fact our muscles do not relax thus we do not sleep well and often awake in pain. I use a cotton fiber bed pad on top of my regular mattress. It is 3-4 inches thick and helps me to sleep better and feels like I am sleeping on a cloud. They come in all sizes and can be cotton, foam, or made with goose feathers.

Take time to watch funny movies as laughter is good for improving ones well being. Do puzzles or take nature walks, visit with friends. In the sections on the forum many members tell of things they do to feel better, and yet still go to work or school, and enjoy life with less pain or other symptoms that stop us from doing things that need done.

Glad you found us! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back