Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2010
Country
US
State
Vt
I have struggled with fibromyalgia since 2008.
Currently taking Cymbalta which seems like the miracle medicine for me .
I'm from Vermont and have decided that I'm sure there must be 1 good Doctor here, but so far haven't had success finding one.
Fortunately I have a supportive Partner who is also struggling with his injuries from serving so we are (2 hurting) people . Not just 1.
I have had no luck with family support, and people at work really don't get it .
I have a lot of questions mainly regarding medication. The good news is we are moving to a much warmer climate. I'm hoping I can finally find my Doctor 🌠. I really want the second half of my life to be better.

Hi Maria :)

Welcome to the forum. This is a very caring and supporting community, and I am sure you will like it here. Please feel free to ask questions, or vent or whatever. I hope you find a good doctor and get well soon

Non supportive family members, oh yea I know what thats like Parent screaming. "You need to keep your house clean, cause your mother will get upset"

Yup, no clue.

Thank You 😊. I have a lot to vent about , but over the years I've tried to stop complaining and look forward.
Chronic depression and fatigue, plus the fibromyalgia have made it a hurtful and challenging life for me.
I've become really angry 😡.
Add to that Panic attacks , just trying to make it through a 20 hr work week at a job I'm trying to hold onto because I've been there 7 years and I want to transfer.
No real Doctor I have trusted , because they all say it's a mental health issue and Stress. Side kick fibromyalgia.
Clearly it's both and don't really klnow what's worse because when you can't make yourself get up because you have so much pain, fog , depression and clearly you feel like you're been run over by a truck.
At this point I need the ocean, my Cymbalta to live, and a caring Doctor who can help me stay grounded and focused to finish my life up here in a good way.
As far as Family. Don't have a father and My Mother has put her Rose colored glasses on, she has never been the same since my Brother died in a car accident 1981 at 16. Changes You .
So it's all about the medication for me.
I have really 0 friends I can really share with , because it all comes back if I do complain. I have Fairweather friends at work who probably say " wow What's she complaining about". I work in the retail world of Cosmetics and it can be difficult with Co-workers and challenging Customers. You have to be sweet , happy . And smart. All of which I have to push daily.
But have a light in the dark tunnel.🌠A new home shortly. Out of this sinking state!
So I really hope to find friends on this site who can relate to this. I appreciate anyone taking the time to read.

Vent away Maria, vent away. We have a sub forum for that and all of us "get it". We know what you are going through, so please feel free to share. You are among friends who care, truly.

A new home, now thats something to look forward to. I hope the transition goes well.

Best to you :)

Thank you. I truly appreciate your kind words.

yes Maria i feel for you we all are struggling to various degrees.....im glad the cymbalta helped...did it reduce the pain a lot?

Hi, Yes it really has. It really works to helps cope with all of this . I really don't do well right now?
Morning time worst. Getting up . Don't really know how I would get up without knowing the meds will kick you n and I can focus and not be in excruciating pain. I feel as though my body is in concrete and I'm trying to just walk , mind racing with thoughts of what I have to do and get out the door . Really sucks. Takes about 15 minutes and relief. So I'm beyond words of how grateful I'm feeling.
Before the Cymbalta I spend a lot of time bucking it up at work until I couldn't stand without holding myself up with both hands on counters.
I was fortunate to cater my schedule then.
Now with all this transition going over n I'm trying to keep my stress down and take it a day at a time.
I'm sure it will be okay, but tired and just getting home from work .
Moving and trying to job transfer so just tired.
Thank you for asking ! Yes Cymbalta is good for me , it's saved my life.
Hopefully the long term side effects won't be bad. The way I see it with this is it's not really an option because I'd be in bed if I did not have. ��

Keep reminding myself that it's all going to be okay . Packing up my life here and moving forward. I can do this.
It will be my last move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back