DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2011
Country
US
State
PA
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to share a little bit of myself since I'm new to the site. I am a 43 year old female and I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 11/2011 but went undiagnosed for about 10 years. I also suffer from migraines, chronic constipation, sciatica,DDD, s1l5 nerve root damage, osteoarthritis of back and neck, insomia, fibro fog, anxiety, and depression. I've tried the three FDA approved medications only to find they were no help at all. I had meniscus repair on my knee two years ago and now I have cartilage loss so I have to see another orthopedic surgeon to get 2nd opinion since my original one thought it was all in my head when I tried to tell him I was in a lot of pain and my knee doesn't feel right. I am a single mother of 3, ages 21, 17, &9. I worked since age 14 until 2011 when I barely could walk due to repetitive work. Was denied ssi/ssd 3 times even though the vocational expert said there was no work that I could perform. I am beyond frustrated and exhausted I don't know what else to do. I figured by communicating with people with similar experience it might help me get through this. Thanks for allowing me to express myself. Many soft hugs & blessings to all of you!

missy,
welcome to the forum. first off with you trying for ssd/ssi, don't give up. Keep appealing the decision. It took me seven years of applying and getting turned down and then appealing and filling out the paperwork until I was put before the judge and got my disability. I was in Florida, but I heard it is harder to get in Pa.
In the meantime maybe by reading the posts on this site you will find some new coping skills that can help relieve some of your pain and fatigue. Be sure to read the older posts too. And ask us questions and join in offering answers to others. And vent when you need too. we are a very supportive group here.

Any chance your interested in online work, if so go read my blog Day 7, it will give you some ideas for work related to use of telephone and computer, and may be what you need. Other ideas are listed as well.

We are happy you found us and see you around the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back