Not open for further replies.

Anne Marie

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2000
Country
US
I've had Fibro for 20+ years. I was just diagnosed with Primary Immunodeficiency (PI). This is where your body does not produce antibodies or not enough antibodies to fight off infections. You are also prone to various infections (viral and or bacterial) and while you may feel pretty bad, you may not run fever, since your body does not reach the point where it fights the infection enough to build up a fever. It seems I have had PI for many years as well. I read that there is a correlation between Primary Immunodeficiency and Fibro and a good percentage (don't recall exactly) of patients with PI also have Fibro. Just curious if there is anyone else out there.

From what I've read, I can't imagine and have never heard that the percentage is high for just PI, but there of course is high co-morbidity with lots of autoimmune diseases and other, that's maybe what you mean. I've never heard of anyone else either, but also have quite a few co-morbidities which others don't have - so that'd be a club to join ;-D

I am also new here. Along with my fibro, I have many forms of vasculitis which are also autoimmune. The many forms of vasculitis I have can cause numerous types of infections and viruses and I never have a fever with them. My immune system is further compromised because of the anti-rejection medications I have to take because I received a kidney transplant 3 yrs and 3 mos, ago. The kidney failure was caused by a very rare autoimmune disease called Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (formerly called Wegener's Granulomatosis). Are your doctors suppressing your immune system for any condition you may have? How do they treat the PI? I have had Procrit shots when my blood antibodies were too low. I don't know if this helped or not, if not I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back