Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
Hi I have been recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia after years of struggling with pain. Throughout the past 5 years I have visited the doctor when my pain would get unbearable but I always had a hard time explaining I hurt all over so I would indicate the "worst" area at that time and was diagnosed with numerous "it is" disorders that all required voltoren and stretching. My pain finally got so bad that this Christmas I couldn't handle getting hugged as it hurt too much. When my mom noticed this she insisted on coming to the doctors with me to explain the pain she saw and ensure I had a voice ( I don't like to complain and always put my children and husbands needs above my own) it was during that visit that my doctor started tests and ultimately put me on cymballta (which has eased some pain). Anyway that is a brief into to my new condition and I have joined this forum to gain knowledge and understanding. Thanks to all who read this and thanks to all of the posts that are helping me. Take care all.

tim75, thanks for joining our fibro family. please read through the posts and learn. some you should read are: what is fibromyalga?
how to cope, and fatigue posts.

i can give you some advise now.

get a day planner that you can write on the day pages. write down when you wake up and your pain level 1-10. 10 being crying tippy toe pain.
then write down the time you took each med. and your pain level. 3-4 hours later the meds, write down your pain levels and times again. this will show how long your meds are working or if they are working. at the end of the day right down in big letters what that days average pain level was. at the end of the month write down your number of days you have break through pain and the monthly average pain level. take this book with you to the doctor. review the days and the monthly totals. then you and your doctor agree upon a livable everyday pain level and the drugs they will prescribe to keep you at that level. this in the long run will help you and your doctor see how your days have been and if the dosage is working or not. if your not at a level 2 agreed upon pain level everyday then you will not have to go in mad and demand the drugs nor have your family go to explain your pain.

read about diet and find your pain triggers.

reply to posts what you have learned, do research and keep us up to date on how your doing. when you do this you help yourself and the others here.

venting on here is a good releif.

we are glad you chose us and welcome again.

Hi Tml75!

Welcome to the forums. It has helped me to feel not alone in this journey! I only joined a bit ago but it is nice to come on here and realize I am not the only one dealing with certain issues. Just that, in itself, has really helped me. I hope you find this forum as helpful as I have!

Opps sorry meant Tlm75. Fibro fog is bad today lol

Hello tlm75! There is a lot here that will get you started, don't be overwhelmed! We're glad to have you and really want to help you in your quest for a better FM life. That is why we all are here. It's sure nice to know you aren't alone.

Thanks! I'm going to get a log book today. I am a bit overwhelmed and have had information overload. However I think keeping a day planner will be a great help. I have heard a lot about diet and certain foods that can be triggers any thoughts or advice on that? Again thanks and take care.

i wish you well tim75. i log will help.

diet i would look up with the search at top of screen.

good luck and friend theses folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back