Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2014
Country
US
State
AZ - Arizona
I was diagnosed in spring of 2014 after first trying to eliminate gluten, which helped for a few months and then my pain came back almost worse. I still don't est gluten as I found I do have an intolerance for it and just feel better not having it in my diet.
I've been reviewing the forum at different times to gain more understanding. What finally got me to sign up is I've just recently been diagnosed with shingles!! Fortunately I caught it early but I'm concerned about the after affects and having it break out again. So here I am hoping I can help someone as well as get some help/ideas as well.
Thanks, Roo67

I welcome you too.I am very interested in how your shingle's treatment will affect you having fibro.Are they giving you a cocktail of antivrals or a single medication?My other thought is,how do you "catch it early"when it comes out like a cold sore,you have 12 to 18 hours max of tingling,before it rears its nasty face?

Hi Lubkos way,
They only gave me 1 medication, and I needed to take it for 2 weeks. They first prescribed it for 7 days, but after finishing it and 2 days went by I started hurting/itching in the same spots, so they just refilled it for me.
The medicine was Valacyclovir HCL 1 gram, taken 3 times a day 8 hours apart.
By catching it early, not sure but that was what the doctor said. Most people don't realize what they have and they don't come in right away. The rash was in the beginning stage, but i had weird pain and very high sensitivity in that area the week prior to it appearing. I also used Tea Tree oil on the two spots where I broke out. In all the reading I did on shingles before and after getting it I saw what you mentioned too, but for some reason mine came on different. So far as of this evening I've been off the medicine since 10-11-17 in the morning.
Roo67

I am glad it is under control!It is great that you are so connected to your body's signals.There is one thing that I would do after a strong anti-viral(anti-bacterial too)treatment.Try to add lots of food that feeds your good gut bacterial and viral populations,and starves the bad.Unfortunately,the treatment can wipe out important strains that are critical to proper digestion,and immune system response.There is much literature online on the subject,and keep sharing your progress.Good Luck!

Me too. Rough times lately. Guess I'm looking for a little understanding and sympathy. No matter how often I try to explain my situation,no one seems to understand.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day

I am glad it is under control!It is great that you are so connected to your body's signals.There is one thing that I would do after a strong anti-viral(anti-bacterial too)treatment.Try to add lots of food that feeds your good gut bacterial and viral populations,and starves the bad.Unfortunately,the treatment can wipe out important strains that are critical to proper digestion,and immune system response.There is much literature online on the subject,and keep sharing your progress.Good Luck!

Thank you and thank you for the FYI on eating foods that will help me. I knew the antibiotics would do that and didnt even think about antiviral meds.!!
Thanks again!

Hi dvrn49,
Each day brings new hope! We have to believe that we can rise above the circumstances of the moment or we will just feel like we're drowning. What we deal with is hard to explain...I try to explain to my husband and he only recently started to get it....but there are times I just dont say anything and try to keep focused on other things. Easier said than done but it can work:)
Hang in there!!

I am glad I can help.By the way,sauerkraut is the best probiotic(other fermented veges also are good),much better than any yogurt.I also have had trouble to explain what the pain is like to people who have no clue what we go through.I used to say that it is worse than the body aches of the nastiest flu that you have ever had.Some would say "come on,it can't be that bad".I stopped trying to explain to most people who think that a paper cut is the worst pain ever,what amateurs! Stay strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back