Not open for further replies.

Dustmidnip

Diagnosis
01/2000
Country
US
State
Pa
Hi I am new and am wondering if what kind of doctors people go to. I am not having success finding the right doc. I wand to get to the point of going back to work. At this point I am not even close to that. Docs give me Meds and that's the end of it. Help thanks. :-?

Dustmidnip,
First off welcome to the forum. I am sure you will enjoy this site as it has answers to most questions you might need answered. The type of doctor you might want to see first is a Rhematologist. This type of doctor treats fibro and knows what needs to be done in managing it. Second best is your family doctor who over sees the minor problems and can refer you to other good doctors. Generally the doctors you see depend on the problems that come up as you go along.

If you have vision or dental, skin or breathing problems, each symptom has a doctor who deals with that area of your body, and as you have problem solved you build a team or network of doctors that help take care of you. I would say the biggest complaint is pain management and a close second is fatigue. But other things crop up as well, that may be totally unrelated to your fibro. The best thing you can do is keep on top of it all and get checked out, for even if it turns out to be nothing you won't be worrying yourself sick over it.

But your here now and I suggest that you take time to read back posts and ask more questions, and answer a few as well. Say hello to newcomers and make new friends. Slide down to the bottom of the form and post there as well. Look forward to seeing your name around the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back