Not open for further replies.

Bookworm

Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
MS
Hi everyone. I am 24 years old and I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I am also diagnosed with degenerative disk disease since I was 15 and I've had one ruptured disk surgery so far. I have had back pain and numbness for years (resulting in the DDD and surgery) but I started having deep muscle aches in my thighs, butt, neck, and knees. It was like I worked out really hard and did lunges or like I had a bad infection (the kind that causes soreness) and I didn't understand because I don't work out much at all other than walking. Or awhile I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia and the flu. But I didn't have other flu symptoms other than soreness. Finally, I spoke to my neurologist about it because I wondered if it was connected to my migraines. She asked me to point out spots that hurt and eventually she decided it was fibromyalgia. My mom has fibro but I never really understood what it was until now. Honestly, the aching soreness and fatigue is nothing compared to my back pain but it doesn't help lol. The fatigue is probably the biggest thing.. I used to take 4 hour naps when I was in my undergrad program and still reminisce about them but I have to work. I always wondered why I felt so tired all the time and my neurologist still doesn't know if this is what causes migraines. Perhaps they are connected. I don't know. Anyway, this is my story. Glad to be here.

Hi All, I am new here and wanted to say Hi! I was "diagnosed" with Fibromyalgia in 2009, although I know I have had it much longer. It is always so helpful to find support groups, I am glad I found this one! I look forward to looking around and seeing what's here and what help I can get and what help I can offer others. Wishing all a peaceful night with an ease of pain and a clear mind. Gentle hugs to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back