DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2002
Country
US
State
IL
Hi All,
Here is my story diagnosed with fibro in 2002. A car accident in 1992 is a culpit. I have been on various antidepressant and pain pills, I was on Cymbalta about six years. It worked great at first except if I missed a dose within 12 hours I was very ill, headache nausea, that would get worse until I took the next dose. I weaned off about 4 months ago because it was not helping me sleep and pain was tolerable. Now I am in horrible pain. Fibro is worse than ever. I had a hip replacement 1 1/2 years ago and the trauma of that surgery and back injury I am at my wit's end. I cannot retire for another year. Each morning is a nightmare.

I know I need to get back on a fibro med. Terrified of Lyrica, not crazy about Cymbalta. I'm considering Savella. I'm trying to weigh it all.

thanks for listening. Any thoughts
V

Hello v and welcome to the forum! I'm sooo sorry that you are in sooo much pain! I can't really give you a med. suggestion,because I've never been on any of those. I have been on Trazadone for 3 or 4 nights. My Rheumy gave it to me because I have such insomnia. In 2-3 weeks,when it gets in my system,it is supposed to take my pain down a few levels,which would be Great! I do think you need to talk to your Dr.,You shouldn't have to be in such misery! Just wanted you to know that I care! Soft Hugs!

Thank you for listening. I was really going through it. It was long flare. I'm not familiar with that med. I hope it helps. I know how that feels. I am anxious to know how it works for you !

Hello vanesmil. Welcome to the forum. I hope you will enjoy your stay here. Have a nice day.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am wondering if you have other forms of arthritis that are compounding your pain problem. Since you had the car accident, as well as, hip surgery all those things cause scar tissue and can develop into other types of arthritis over time. Thus it is bone pain, as well as, fibro muscle pain. Just a thought!

Try reading through the chronic pain and alternative sections to see if there are any suggestions from other members that might work for you. Read the older, as well as, the new posts. I hope the forum can be a source of information and support for you as you struggle with pain each day. Please feel free to vent on your bad days and we will try to help with encouragement and by listening. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Hi thank you. I think you are correct. I also have hypothyroidism. I feel it's all coming down on me and the trauma of the hip replacement. I will check out the other posts.

My hubby had total left hip replacement,which gave him pneumonia,then a week later a TIA(mini stroke). Unfortunately, The surgeon "botched" his surgery and now he needs a revision. The whole ordeal has caused him to develop PTSD(Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). I'm sure your Surgery didn't help your Fibro either. Stress can be a huge factor in some Fibromites. Soft Hugs

I'm so sorry to hear your husband had such a difficult time. My ordeal after my surgery ( not over yet) was nothing in comparison.

I think I underestimated how such a serious surgery would be impacted by fibo. Best wishes for your hubby. It's a journey.

Welcome "vanesmil" Thank you for participating. I always like to see new members. I hope you are an active user and be here whenever you have time. I am available for anything. You can contact me.

Greetings and happy day.

Thank you all.. it helps to know there ade others who reeeeaaalllly understand what you are going through.

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have already found how accepting and helpful this forum and can be very supporting. In many cases I have just felt like giving up. I have tried many meds and some help some make me worse some, can make the condition worse. Treatment its a trial by response. It's helpful to have a dr u can trust and my advise u to learn UR new limitations with this illness. U can still do everything u want just in smaller increments. Ask,for the dr to test for inflammatory markers, and a MRI can tell the tale from soft tissue to tendon, bone and muscle.

Take food seriously read anti inflam foods and energy foods. Fresh foods no prepared or boxed foods. They have helped me tremendously. Sugar can literally bring me to my knees. I stay away from sugar. And carbs = sugar. PVC is a poison from many manufacturers dumped in our water tables it's even been found in Polar Bears in the Antarctica. We all have it in our blood . And from foods and many foods are sprayed with insecticides after years of eating these foods the insecticides begin to be toxic and make us sick. Thats a theory I read in science mag. Also on PBS.TV.

Research many articles in Science mag they are very helpful.

They really makeS a difference TO EAT WELL AND EXERCISE.. As much as I hate to get out and walk,or exercise I do it any way. It gets those endorphins the happy hormones in play and immediately I feel better. Keep in mind everyone is different so it's always a work in progress to find UR own rational that works for u.
I Keep a journal of meds pain times and food . If u haven't already seen a rhumy it's a good idea. They specialize in Locating the pain and treating the pain. Injections are helpful in my joints and back. It's always a good idea to brush up on treatments online a lot on good medical forums available have a bullet list of helpful suggestions.

Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back